Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins DQCI Services began in 1936, as the Dairy Quality Control Committee providing dairy testing services to a variety of dairy co-ops and producers primarily in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Since that time Eurofins DQCI has continued to grow, broadening both its geographic service areas, as well as a variety of services and products offered to the Dairy Industry.
Eurofins DQCI is searching for a Laboratory Technician I in Mounds View, MN. The Laboratory Technician I receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to the Laboratory Supervisor or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.
Laboratory Technician I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
• Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory, and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
• Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
• Registration of incoming samples, maintaining a neat and accurate record system of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
• Enter the sample data into DQCI LIMS or Eurofins eLIMS systems, either manually or through automatic export, in a timely and accurate manner.
• Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
• Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
• Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes "intra" and "inter" departmental employees.
• Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Associate's degree preferred
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time,M-F, some Saturdays, 8 hours/day. Start times between 5-8 am, with overtime as needed. Training M-F, starting at 3 am for two weeks. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Mounds View, MNare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent; some Biology and/or Chemistry college coursework
• 0-3 years' related experience
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Saint Charles, Missouri
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted 38 minutes ago
Posted 38 minutes ago