Location: Edison, NJ
Salary: Based on Experience
Judge Healthcare is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician with one of our top healthcare clients in Edison New Jersey!
Location: Edison New Jersey
Hours: Monday thru Friday, (8am-4pm)
Job Type: Contract (Immediate start)
Duration: 3-6 months
Searching for experienced Laboratory Technicians to work with a prominent production client. You will be working in our traveling mobile laboratory (which offers same-day, COVID testing services), handling sensitive equipment, analyzing samples, and reporting test results to the laboratory director. The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). This person will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions, will thrive in a fast paced environment while providing accurate results, and will be passionate about doing progressive work.Responsibilities:
- Optimize lab procedure and workflow in order to produce reliable and timely results. Adhere to and suggest optimizations to our SOPs.
- Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods.
- Organize and store all chemicals, substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions and guidelines
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Conduct lab revalidation runs efficiently when the lab is moved
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Communicate with the extended team on relevant updates and notifications.
- Work with the laboratory Director to help define and design processes as needed.
*All interested and qualified candidates can apply directly to Garrett FitzGerald at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Garrett at (610) 617-1483 for immediate consideration.*
- 2-4 years proven success as Lab Technician or relevant position.
- 2-4 years experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.).
- In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices.
- Excellent physical condition and endurance and ability to bend and lift objects.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite (especially Excel) and database systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Valid laboratory technician license is mandatory and CLS license preferred.
- Degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or relevant field.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive/travel as needed. Ability to move/drive a large truck a plus.
- Able to think on your feet and follow through with necessary action when appropriate.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.