Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Test America is searching for aLab Technician I in Earth City, MO.
The Lab Technician I, using general laboratory methods, techniques, equipment, and instrumentation in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's, supports laboratory operations through general maintenance of laboratory and supply storage areas, equipment, instruments, and supplies.
Lab Technician I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Retrieves samples from Sample Control for analysis.
Performs sample preparation which may include, but is not limited to, a combination of the following methods:
o Aliquot samples
o Spike and trace samples
o Prepare reagents
o Bottle samples
o Prepare concentrations
o Liquid rack set up
• Resolves discrepancies and anomalies to ensure samples are properly
• Prepares general laboratory paperwork such as recording analysis results,
• tracking samples, bench sheets, and laboratory logbooks.
• Washes laboratory glassware to prepare for next day's samples.
• Stocks laboratory supplies.
• Cleans work area(s) to maintain a safe working environment.
• Assists other laboratory areas as needed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• General knowledge of chemistry and/or general science
• Basic mathematical skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
• Work independently
• Work within time constraints
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is a contract to full-time role, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Earth City, MOare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• BS Chemistry or related major
•Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!