Job ID: 395879
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Wages start at a rate of $22.96 per hour. There is an opportunity to go higher depending on experience. In addition, Ash Grove offers a competitive benefits package.
Under general supervision and according to specified policies and procedures, performs general cleanup and material handling duties. May perform numerous and varied jobs, using more specialized skills, under the guidance of others. Complies with all applicable safety and environmental policies and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow all instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations as requested.ISO 14001 TRAINING PLAN
- Cleans plant areas as directed including shoveling cement, clinker, and raw material spills around machinery and plant facilities, sweeping dirt, picking up trash, cleaning drainage ditches, etc.
- Utilizes various hand and power tools such as shovels, wheelbarrows, hammers, pliers, drills, etc. in conjunction with buildings and grounds work assignments.
- Operates motorized vehicles such as a pickup truck, front-end loader, forklift, and dump truck to perform material transport duties.
- Operates motorized sweeper, vacuum, and water trucks to contain dust in outdoor and indoor areas of the plant.
- Performs general landscaping and grounds maintenance duties as assigned.
- Learns about plant operations including the process flow of raw materials, gases, and finished products. Assists as needed in performing maintenance, production, and/or shipping duties as relief for workers in other departments.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The Laborer must become familiar with and participate in initial and annual training for ISO 14001 requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to properly operate mobile equipment (once trained) required. Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. in English required. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills are required.
- Work requires but is not limited to: walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, working in an awkward position and confined spaces, and handling materials weighing up to 75 pounds. Ability to work at heights up to 250 feet.
Job hazards include frequent exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, and all weather conditions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Seattle Job Segment:
Laborer, General Labor, Labor, Warehouse, Forklift, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.