This position will be based in Houston, TX and will float between properties within the Houston region. Travel to other regions may be required.
A Lead Maintenance Supervisor will provide additional assistance, oversight, and specialty maintenance work at a variety of communities throughout a region. This position requires someone to be a self-starter and able to make decisions that will impact the community in a positive manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- EPA Certification, Type I & II required.
- CPO Certification (Pool) required, as needed.
- Valid driver's license required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Three or more years' hands-on building maintenance experience required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Apartment experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Yardi or other property management accounting software.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Experience using Yardi or other related property management accounting software.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and appliance repair work.
- Ability to read and comprehend budgets.
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to direct a team and supervise vendors.
- Ability to be on-call for after- hours emergencies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Mentor onsite maintenance associates through cross training and coaching for future growth and job opportunities.
- Assists Community Manager in hiring, counseling and termination of maintenance associates.
- Directs and supervises daily activities of the maintenance team, such as planning and preparing work schedules, assigning tasks and delegating work, monitoring progress and workflow, reviewing work for timeliness and accuracy, and appraising work performance.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliances.
- Supervise capex projects.
- Work with several different departments including sales, construction management, development, and regional maintenance.
- Supervise community inspections including REAC, HUD, and any other inspections performed at the community.
- Ensures the execution of all Fairfield policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- Mold Prevention Response Program (MPRP)
- Asbestos/Lead Protocol
- Bed Bugs
- Emergency Site Map and Emergency Supplies/Action Plan
- Required Inspections
- Supervises all work by outside contractors to ensure that they are completing their work satisfactorily and keeps the Community Manager informed.
- Assists Community Manager in the bidding process of projects and compiling scopes of work.
- Assists Community Manager in locating and purchasing materials and supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
- Follows proper procedures for online accounting system, including but not limited to creating and approving purchase orders.
- Makes recommendations to the Regional Manager / Maintenance Regional Manager for needed repairs and improvements to the property.
- Responds to maintenance requests and completes in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages open maintenance requests and updates status in Yardi.
- Coordinates with the Community Manager all move-ins and move-outs and maintains a schedule for timely completion of apartment make-readies, ensuring that all apartments scheduled for move-in are completely ready for the new resident prior to move-in date.
- Maintains and supervises proper maintenance of all common area amenities.
- Maintains exterior of the property and grounds daily, to provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times.
- Completes or ensures a regular inspection of all common area lighting, sprinkler systems, fire prevention systems and fire extinguishers as outlined in the Safety Risk Manual.
- Schedules, monitors, and performs preventative maintenance.
- Ensures compliance of all equipment operation, maintenance requirements, implied warranties and manufacturer's recommendations for properly maintaining equipment.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies applicable to maintenance of the property.
- Maintains compliance with OSHA regulations and hazardous chemicals program as well as the Safety Risk Manual forms and checklists, per schedule.
- Maintains a schedule with the Community Manager to ensure the availability of "on call" personnel for after hours, weekends and holiday emergencies.
- Responds to on-call emergencies.
- Promotes and participates in company required training programs and ensures subordinate associates participate in all training classes within required timeframe.
- Participates in resident functions as required by Community Manager.
- Travel required, as needed.
- Completes company required training by established deadline.
- Complies with all Fairfield standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
Estimated Rate of Pay:
$59,084.45 - $76,809.79
This position is exempt; the range above reflects annual salary.
The pay range displayed for this position is determined by skills and experience required, location and job complexity*. Potential job offers may vary based on the skills, education, and experience an individual candidate holds. This range reflects base rate only, and does not include allowances, perks, commissions or bonuses applicable to this position (if any). In addition to base salary, Fairfield offers all full time associates the following, upon meeting eligibility requirements:
- Paid time off, paid holidays and sick days, paid time off for volunteering activities (optional)
- Matched 401(k)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
* Pay range is a calculation based on a midpoint price. Fairfield complies with all wage and hour laws, including minimum wage and salary exempt requirements.
This job has expired.