Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson EFD designs and manufactures components for controlled fluid flow including desktop dispensing equipment, precision valves, tips, dual dispensing cartridges and syringes. Our products are used in a broad range of market segments including, Life Sciences, Animal Health, Electronics, Automotive and Construction. Leading with innovation, Nordson EFD holds proprietary material and "0 waste" patents and technology to micro-dispense materials < 0.2mm in diameter.
The Logistics Manager will drive and achieve organizational goals & objectives by continually improving warehousing, logistical, transportation, inventory control and accuracy. Develops, improves, and executes best practices related to domestic and international logistics. Manages direct reports to include employee development and training.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Monitors and analyzes On Time Delivery to develop improvement initiatives in areas that need the most focus
- Maintains metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, training and safety records
- Establishes or monitors specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems
- Monitors and directs the scheduling of team members, utilization of space and effective management of warehouse associates and equipment
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management
- Resolves problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues
- Coordinates with work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Coordination of logistics issues between plant distribution centers, central customer service group and central payables for incoming freight
- Plans or implements improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes
- Improves system(s) for investigating shipping errors and implement corrective action(s)
- Plans or implements material flow management systems to meet production requirements
- Implements specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics
- Inventory control procedures and policy: Improvement initiatives; plant harmonization for cycle counting, use of SAP for parts location; label barcodes; scanning procedures
- Responsible for inventory storage and accuracy and drives root cause analysis for discrepancies and collaborates to implement corrective action(s)
- Negotiates freight rates in conjunction with Corporate Supply Chain
- Participates in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation
- Negotiates with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability
- Analyzes the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers
- Ensures carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Oversees Export/Import compliance matters, including audits and ensures certifications are obtained
- International planning - Improves intercompany ordering patterns, assists in the development of international planners
- Designs models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services
- Collaborates with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping
- Develops risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios
- All other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of Logistics experience
- Previous experience leading a team and demonstrated ability to get results
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / Manufacturing resource Planning (MRP) systems
- Warehousing, Transportation, Production Control and Materials Planning and Scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize duties to meet deadlines daily with limited supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice & Manufacturing Environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- SAP Experience
- Multi-Facility Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.