- To maintain machines in the operation adjustment and minor maintenance on the I.S. machine and all related Hot End forming equipment to produce quality glassware.
- Tools: Hand tools, fixed gauges, weight, scales, tongs, hand swabs, ear plugs, gloves and safety glasses.
- Materials: Molten glass, lubricants, mould equipment, I.S. Machine, Feeder, Conveyors, Stacker and related Hot End forming equipment.
- Working Procedure Works with job changes performs major repairs works on breakdowns.
- Runs I.S. machines and related forming hot end equipment to verify maintain and adjust required machine functions and their timing in order to produce quality glass ware.
- Checks forming hot end coating system and makes adjustments for proper operation.
- Works to correct ware glass defects reported from Cold End.
- Works on proper machine operation lubrication and diagnosis of the I.S. machine problem.
- Communicates with supervisor and upkeeps on machine or forming hot end equipment malfunction.
- Makes minor machine repairs as needed.
- Maintains safety and good housekeeping in work area.
- Performs other work as required by supervisor.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policiesprograms within Department responsibilities.
- Bilingual is a plus!
- Prior experience in a production manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Work well under pressure in a fastpaced environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality and safety.
- Ability to independently maintain a clean and organized work area. Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Strong stable work history with no gaps in employment.
- High School Education or equivalent Environment and Physical Requirements This is an Hourly position in a union environment.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years forming operator experience.
- Candidates must be able to work swing shifts alternating between 1st 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Must be able to work in extreme hot temperatures. About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
• Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
• Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
• Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.