Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
The purpose of the Team Leader role is to provide guidance and support on an ongoing basis to the team members of the operation. This role directly supports the work area and builds respect for our people by putting the team's ideas to work in timely manner. The person in this role is vital to the continuous improvement efforts of the operation and will contribute to TB Wood's ability to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first line problem solver in terms of Safety, Quality, Production Flow, Tooling and Equipment
- Perform team member tasks when team members are vacant. Must perform work to current standards including, but not limited to, set-up, run and inspection.
- Ensure a safe working environment exists in the area. Verify safety duties are assigned and completed at the frequency required; perform behavioral based safety observations and safety talks
- Generate job breakdown sheets to improve training. The Team Lead will provide job instruction to all new associates that are assigned to their area
- Lead by example and provide coaching to all associates as needed to insure all policies and procedures are followed
- Help the team maintain 5S and TPM in the work area and update all visual KPI (Key Performance Indicators) tracking boards at the required time intervals
- Interface daily with the previous and next shift team leader to pass on relevant information
- Support the team members by responding to problems and solving or escalating them
- Lead daily team meetings and problem-solving sessions
- Audit the process; i.e. standard work, 5S, TPM and safety compliance
- Execute the production schedule and manage hour by hour chart
- Daily incremental improvement in KPIs
- Understand and follow company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Associate should demonstrate positive team orientation, self-initiative with a positive tempo, good verbal, non-verbal and written communication, solid problem identification and resolution, a positive attitude and ability to lead in challenging conditions.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Formal problem-solving training a plus
- The Team Lead will attend approved Altra leadership, team lead and problem solving courses as they become available
- Proficiency in using a computer and utilizing Microsoft Office software applications
Work environment includes regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels, dust particles, paint or oil products, and weather changes. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during shift.
Physical requirements include lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, arm-hand steadiness, finger dexterity, manual dexterity, control precision, near vision, standing for long periods of time, and hearing sensitivity.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.