About Praxair Surface Technologies
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information can be found at .
PST is currently seeking a Machinist/Programmer. This position will be based out of the PST facility located in Orangeburg, NY. This position reports to an Operations Supervisor. The individual in this role will Program and operate standard and/or CNC vertical and horizontal lathes and/or mill machines, cleaning and scribing parts per prints. This is a 2nd shift position.
- Set up machines as per daily work instructions.
- Create/Edit work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Follow required procedures during in process machining
- Verify and document in process work orders.
- Verify components are finished according to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Monitor the machining of various tools.
- Troubleshoot programs including speeds, feeds and tooling
- Design and make equipment fixtures
- May perform related repairs or modification of machine parts and routine preventative maintenance
- Maintain product SPC charts
- Develop tool paths capable of meeting dimensional tolerances as per item print.
- DNC database management.
- Ensure superior housekeeping in machine work area and facility.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Operate machinery and stand for extended periods; occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Machining Degree from a Technical School is a plus; and five years experience programming CNC lathes and/or mills.
Candidate must possess proficiency in the use of all common machine shop equipment tools and measuring devices, the ability to interpret basic blueprints/drawings and work instructions, knowledge of various machining methods and proper cutting tools for different kinds of metals. Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or various CadCam programming software. Advanced computer skills required. Candidate must have a strong attitude towards safety. Preferred qualifications
- knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Fanuc Mazak and Mori-Seiki Controls
- Experience with Hitachi Seiki and Mori Seiki as well as live tooling
- Knowledge of SPC
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law. Salary and job level
commensurate with experience