About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is looking for Maintenance Technicians to work for our Maintenance Division on a site in Miramar, FL. This individual requires the ability to support facilities maintenance and troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery, mechanical equipment and production machines and equipment. This individual will have a strong knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electro/mechanical systems. The right individual will perform the day-to-day inspections, maintenance, and repairs of plant facilities and equipment.
Essential Functions / Duties:
- Troubleshoot and complete maintenance tasks ranging from simple to very complex on electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electro/mechanical systems to include repair or machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of repairs on precision machining equipment (mills, lathes, grinders, CNCs).
- Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment manuals, procedures and other specifications to determine the repair method on components.
- Ability to perform precision maintenance for equipment following safe work practices utilizing hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
- Follow established procedures to execute preventative and predictive maintenance as required.
- Support team members engaged in disassembling, assembling and installing industrial machinery.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Experience on electrical systems to include 120/220/480 voltage applications.
- Experience on furnace applications to included ovens.
- Experience on industrial plumbing installation.
- Operate forklift, manlift and boom-lift as required by project.
- Maintain work areas and implement improvements with minimum supervision.
- Work as a team or independently.
- Correctly and accurately complete required paperwork, accurately documenting all maintenance actions, parts and times.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload and maintenance requirements based on safety, defined plans and schedules, quality and production requirements.
- Complete all safety and general training required by SIC.
- Observe SIC and customer safety and quality processes and procedures at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of maintenance duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience as a maintenance technician.
Working Conditions / Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, freezers and warehouse with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property. Must be able to effectively use any required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working on ladders and in awkward body positions.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.