The Maintenance Technician will perform routine maintenance and repair procedures, including inspections, on AutoNation facilities, within the Tampa/Saint Pete area. You will perform a variety of skilled duties in the building trades such as carpentry, painting, minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC and other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining and repairing our facilities which are located primarily in the Tampa/Saint Pete area including locations in Brooksville and Fort Myers. In this role you will be responsible for the oversight of multiple vendors to ensure the quality and timeliness of repairs.
Who will you interact with?
In this role you will partner directly with Store, Region, and Corporate management as well as be able to represent AutoNation to outside vendors and various governmental inspectors and officials.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Perform daily inspection of properties & buildings to ensure they are safe and image commensurate operational conditions are maintained including mechanical systems, furniture and fixtures, roofing, landscaping, paint, life safety, and security
- Perform repairs, maintenance, installation, construction work as required in the building trades such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, mechanical, minor electrical, roofing and HVAC
- Conduct inspections and subsequent remediation repairs and maintenance required by OEM franchise program guidelines
- Develop the scope for all necessary outside vendor repair work and maintenance items and coordinate with store management for timely execution and then conduct a quality control check on work performed
- Operate light machinery and tools as required in the performance of general duties
- Act as the primary first responder 24/7 to all emergency situations at assigned stores and buildings for both mechanical failures, environmental hazards, and natural disasters.
- Input and receive work orders via the AutoNation digital work order processing system. Close out repairs, upload photographs to firm scope and completion of work
What are the requirements for this job?
- Minimum 5 years of broad hands-on trade experience within a maintenance/repair role
- Good knowledge of the trade practices, terminology, and safety precautions of the building trades
- Must be able to drive and hold a valid license and have a safe driving record
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include extended shifts, overnight and weekend assignments
- Able to lift or carry supplies and tools to each location
- Required physical exertion to carry, lift, climb, stand, walk, sit, reach, kneel, crouch, crawl or balance.
- Will work with tools of the trade and materials daily
Medical, Dental, Vision
401K with match
Healthcare Spending Account
Paid Time Off
And so much more
What’s my next possible position?
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.