$1,000 Sign-On Bonus*
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
At Fairfield Residential, our properties are known for the visible and available on-site staff that keep our residents loving where they live. Our Maintenance Technicians assist in the maintenance and repairs necessary to meet our high standards of excellence for overall property quality and curb appeal. Like all members of our Property Management Team, our Maintenance Technicians are focused on ensuring customer happiness by responding to maintenance repair requests in a timely manner and preparing vacant units in preparation for new resident move-ins.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with prior experience in property or building maintenance. If you are skilled in general maintenance or handyman trades and are looking for a lasting career in residential property maintenance, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team at Fairfield Residential. This position reports to the on-site Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor and successful associates have the opportunity to enjoy a long career path with plenty of room for growth.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
- YOU ARE DRIVEN BY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and work diligently to maintain their happiness
- YOU TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR SKILLS especially in the areas of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pool maintenance, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- YOU'RE A DEDICATED INSPECTOR with the ability to diagnose maintenance issues.
- YOU ARE TECH SAVVY especially with the Microsoft Office suite and Yardi (or similar) software.
- YOU STAY ON TOP OF IT by noticing the details and with your superior time management and organizational skills.
- Perform maintenance repairs throughout the property including the common area amenities, occupied units and vacant units.
- Assist in maintaining the exterior grounds and providing excellent curb appeal.
- Diagnose problems and repairs in the areas related to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pools, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & COMMUNICATION
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all residents.
- Communicate and effectively work together with your fellow team members.
COMPLIANCE & SAFETY
WHAT YOU'LL NEED ON DAY ONE:
- Complete regular inspections as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure that policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance expectations are met.
- Strictly adhere to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain fiduciary responsibility.
- Previous apartment maintenance experience.
- Technical knowledge in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pools, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Availability to respond promptly to on-call responsibilities such as after hours emergencies.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation are needed.
- Ability to maintain a flexible, available schedule to respond to and resolve after-hours and weekend emergency maintenance and custodial requirements.
*The sign on bonus, less usual deductions, will be paid following the completion of 90 days of employment.
Estimated Rate of Pay:
$16.50 - $21.50
This position is non-exempt; the range above reflects hourly rates.
The pay range displayed for this position is determined by skills and experience required, location and job complexity*. Potential job offers may vary based on the skills, education, and experience an individual candidate holds. This range reflects base rate only, and does not include allowances, perks, commissions or bonuses applicable to this position (if any). In addition to base salary, Fairfield offers all full time associates the following, upon meeting eligibility requirements:
- Paid time off, paid holidays and sick days, paid time off for volunteering activities (optional)
- Matched 401(k)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
* Pay range is a calculation based on a midpoint price. Fairfield complies with all wage and hour laws, including minimum wage and salary exempt requirements.