Digital Realty supports the data center, colocation and interconnection strategies of customers across the Americas, EMEA and APAC, ranging from cloud and information technology services, communications and social networking to financial services, manufacturing, energy, healthcare and consumer products.
Now is the time to join Digital Realty and be part of the world's trusted foundation powering digital ambitions to our customers, prospects and partners. Digital Realty's heritage is understanding a customer's local to global data center needs to address mixed workloads and densities. Enterprises are adapting IT strategies on-the-fly to meet rapidly evolving demands. As data creation and consumption are increasing, so are the tools, clouds, networks and resources needed to support it. This data gravity effect can lead to global workflow management that isn't consistent across deployments, only compounding the complexities. As one of the world's largest data center companies, Digital Realty is seeking motivative and imaginative professions to grow our Enterprise business with collocation and scale offerings combined best in class connectivity, cloud and data centric solutions.
POSITION: Manager, Business Analytics
The "Manager, Business Analytics" is responsible for the overall collection, analysis and management of financial and operational data to drive performance reporting against defined performance benchmarks. This role will work directly with Sr. Management to analyze performance data to drive business and operation strategies as well as identify trends to forecast projected financial and operational performance results.
The Manager, Business Analytics will drive budget and forecast programs and processes within Operations and work across functions to lead improvements in systems and processes. This role will also drive ad hoc projects to collect, analysis and summarize financial and operational data to support business and operational strategies and planning.
- MBA preferred
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field
- 7-10 years of business analysis experience in enterprise organization having experience collaborating with Finance , Operations and Engineering function to lead initiatives.
- Statistical Skills - Correlation, standard deviation, data requirements to meet statistical relevance requirements
- Infographic Skills - Ability to represent key data points using most effective visual/graphics based methods - graphs, charts, PowerPoints, dashboards, other graphical representations to highlight findings/headlines
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate to a technical solution for software development and Analytics solutions.
- Excel - Pivot tables, correlation, standard deviation
- Experience working in a large but geographically diverse enterprise environment
- Experience working for publicly traded companies, preferably a REIT or Technology/Information Technology based firm.
- Experience bridging operational and financial analysis
- Expert in Excel (i.e. formulas, formatting, pivot tables, queries, look-ups, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Effective at building and managing teams in a matrix organization
- Experience in real estate finance
- Basic understanding of real estate and GAAP accounting
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong in Microsoft Access database
- Training in business processes and principles
- Visionary leader
- Responsible for developing periodic performance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data in areas such as:
- operating & maintenance costs
- capital improvements
- workload & headcount utilization
- energy efficiency & usage
- system reliability & incidents
- inventory management
- vendor contracts
- other metrics as required
- Develop financial and operational performance indicators (KPIs) and dashboards summarizing performance vs. benchmarks.
- Provide periodic expense variance reports vs. budget and forecast projections and analyze expense data on a property comparative and per metric basis (such as square footage, power capacity or per employee)
- Develop standardized business reporting and budgeting processes in partnership with Operations, Accounting and Asset Management.
- Manage and analyze property performance audit scores and work across function to create performance benchmarks.
- Partner with engineering personnel to summarize incident statistics, including incident frequencies, root cause and mean time between incidents/repairs.
- Collect and summarize customer service data, including requests type, response times and customer satisfaction.
- Work with energy management personnel to report energy efficiency (PUE), energy spend and conservation savings, and capacity vs. consumption trends.
- Monitor, analyze and address potential operational and risk areas for the company based on data analysis.
- Leverage existing asset databases to analyze and produce inventory forecast requirements.
- Analyze and prepare vendor contract spend and savings achieved following portfolio bid programs.
- Partner with the Enterprise Technology Services team to develop, design and implement systems to support business reporting and statistics requirements.
- Responsible for establishing partnerships and fostering productive working relationships with other business units in the organization to understand business needs, drivers and constraints.
- Effectively manage direct reports, stakeholders and external resources to execute deliverables accurately and on-time.
- Align team deliverables with management and business needs and proactively evaluate and execute analysis
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities. Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.Our Mission
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital worldOur Vision
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.Our Values
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
This job has expired.