8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB
Here at CarMax, we appreciate the diversity and perspectives our associates bring to our stores and locations across the country. As a company, we nurture a culture that embraces differences and challenges perceptions; it's a culture where innovation and collaboration help us deliver an exceptional workplace and an iconic customer experience.
We invite you to join our team where you can use your unique experiences and strengths to help us create the future of inclusion and belonging at CarMax.
The Manager, Diversity and Inclusion, will focus on management of all events, training, and content management in support of our company's Diversity & Inclusion strategy. This role will work with the Diversity & Inclusion team and the Diversity & Inclusion Council to drive programs and activities based on the priorities and will liaison with internal teams such as Talent Management, Legal, Internal Communications, and Public Relations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Work effectively with leaders, vendors, and cross functional teams to drive development and implementation of training and education programs to cultivate awareness, engagement and action in fostering a diverse, inclusive and positive work environment
- Manage existing programs to include Leadership Speaker series event & Leader Perspective videos; this includes identification of speakers, creating content and managing all logistics for successful events.
- Manage the Diversity & Inclusion SharePoint site, our hub for all D&I communication; this includes curating content, partnering with the Diversity & Inclusion team and council to update content, and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the content is aligned with corporate practices and policies
- Review existing policies and practices and make recommendations to ensure diversity and inclusion is embedded as appropriate
- Act as main point of contact for Diversity & Inclusion awards and provide content as needed
- Keep current on Diversity & Inclusion trends, best practices and program development
- Provide general project management support for all Diversity & Inclusion programs and initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management, preferably in HR or Diversity and Inclusion function
- Excellent project management and organization skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, while driving execution in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive associate and business information with utmost confidentiality
- Ability to partner and work strategically with cross-functional teams to drive overall solutions, while appropriately managing issues and risks and large-scale change management
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.