GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Manager at the Burlington, VT (Fab9) site location to lead a diverse Frame team engaged in advanced technology development and Tape-out Operations for GF's state of the art 200mm and 300mm wafer fabs located in Germany (Fab1), Singapore (Fabs 2-7) and the US (Fabs 8, 9 & 10). As a Manager within a Pre-Fab organization, you will be responsible for leading a team of local and offsite engineers. Additionally, the Manager will collaborate with worldwide peer development and operations teams as well as internal and external customers. To accomplish this, the Manager will be required to support flexible working hours during the early mornings and late evenings. The Frame team that that the successful candidate for the Manager position will lead generates reticle level Step Plans as well as Frames bordering internal or client supplied production chip designs on a daily basis. The Frame team also concurrently does automation and software development projects supporting new technology development and productivity enhancements for high availability tool platforms using various computer programming languages, scripts, databases as well as commercial and in-house software tools running on a Linux operating system.
The successful candidate for the Manager position will also be responsible for the Frame teams' key process indicators, engineering processes, quality, project management, employee performance, employee career development and engage with peers located worldwide for establishing its' goals and long-term strategy. Peers may include individuals or teams located in, but not limited to, U.S., Europe, India and Singapore. The Manager in this role may report to a higher-level Senior Manager or Director located at a different worldwide site than where you may be located. As such, the Manager for this position needs to be self-motivated, self-disciplined and possess excellent communication skills. Lastly, the Manager for this position shall demonstrate leadership, exhibit great people management skills as well as value Diversity and Inclusion.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Lead a Frame team engaged in advanced technology development and Tape-out Operations for GF's state of the art 200mm and 300mm wafer fabs located worldwide inclusive of developing daily reticle level Step Plans, Frames as well as automation and software development projects
- Collaborate with worldwide peer development and operations teams as well as internal and external customers
- Maintain flexible working hours both in the early mornings and late evenings
- Responsible for management reporting inclusive of the Frame team's key process indicators, engineering processes, quality, project management, employee performance, employee career development as well as establishing its' goals and long-term strategy
- Demonstrate leadership, exhibit great people management skills as well as value Diversity and Inclusion
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education/Experience - Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or closely related discipline
- Years of Experience: At least 8 years of relevant experience
- Travel Requirements: 10% of Travel
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Management or closely related field with 7 years of relevant experience or a PhD with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in People Management
- Experience in tape-out, new product introduction and semiconductor fab setup with knowledge in related areas such as mask data preparation, inline metrology, reticle construction and manufacturing, test chips, reticle frame building, OPC or mask manufacturing
- Experience in Software Engineering with programming languages and scripting languages on a Linux platform and relational database experience
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.