How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The IT Manager manages all enterprise applications under the direction of the Executive Director. Works closely with project leaders and other IT managers to support new projects. Manages the application staff responsible for the maintenance and support of assigned applications. Responsible for staff training, development, and motivation.
This role requires demonstrated strong leadership, project management, full system lifecycle experience, hands-on approach, and results oriented skills in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Required Minimum Education:
Required Minimum Certification:Required Minimum Experience:
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Ten years of related work experience.
- Four years equivalent work experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Required Minimum Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience in applied areas of health care.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years' experience managing implementations of large-scale, complex, multi-disciplined, cross-functional, and highly visible projects/programs and cross organizational teams.
- Significant project management experience with proven ability to manage, execute, control and achieve closure of large, complex projects is required.
- Experience with business process redesign, benefits realization, and project planning in a healthcare environment.
- Possess a strong background in healthcare with large software application design and implementation projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with hospital departments and cross-functional teams, and to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Significant experience in evaluating software packages and working with application vendors and system integrators.
- Excellent Project Management skills and methodologies including practical usage of Microsoft Project, knowledge of Basic Networking/Systems and Desktop/Peripherals (including operating systems, utilities, Microsoft Office Products, etc). Strong communication, presentation, and customer relation skills.
- Experience managing large complex projects and has strong project management skills.
- Excellent analytical ability and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients and other IT staff.
- Demonstrated effectiveness interfacing and negotiating with clients, internal customers and vendors.
- Leadership and ability to motivate others.