As a member of the corporate tax function, this position reports directly to the Director of Reporting and Compliance. This individual is responsible for assisting with the preparation of the US domestic interim and annual income tax provision, review of the Non-US interim and annual income tax provision packages while maintaining strong internal controls processes. This role will support technology solutions in various tax areas and lead the implementation and upgrade of tax technology products as needed. This role is also responsible for overseeing third-party service providers for the completion of timely and accurate US income tax return filings; including obtaining key inputs and preparation of key tax calculations.
- Assist in the development of global tax reporting policies, procedures, internal controls and overall governance.
- Prepare the US domestic income tax provision for year-end and interim financial reporting.
- Responsible for the computation of temporary and permanent tax differences.
- Assist in maintaining deferred tax inventory, reconciliation of income taxes payable accounts and tax account roll forwards.
- Assist with forecasting and computation of consolidated effective tax rate calculations.
- Assist with ensuring proper application of ASC 740 and other accounting pronouncements, including calculations and disclosures.
- Perform analyses on the impact of new accounting pronouncements, tax law and business changes.
- Responsible for the maintenance of SOX 404 controls, including updates to tax-related SOX 404 documentation, control design, control testing, and remediation efforts.
- Assist with preparation of income tax footnotes and related disclosures.
- Gather data and information needed by outside co-source service providers to ensure timely and accurate preparation and filing of US federal income tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extensions.
- Gather, organize and efficiently utilize data from general ledger for the tax accounting process and compliance processes.
- Research domestic and international tax issues.
- Assist business units with federal tax issues that may arise and assists management on special projects.
- Identify and implement technological solutions, tax process automation, and improvement opportunities within various tax functions.
- Perform data analytics as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent.
- CPA and/or Masters in taxation strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years combined public accounting and/or corporate experience with emphasis on tax accounting, reporting and compliance.
- Basic knowledge US federal corporate tax laws and tax accounting.
- Experience with tax provision and compliance software; OneSource experience preferred.
- Proficient in maintaining tax technology products, such as One Source tax products for tax return preparation, tax accounting, state apportionment etc.
- Experience with SAP and HFM preferred.
- Knowledge of income tax reporting standards, including ASC 740, ASC740-10 (FIN 48), etc.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and communicating complex federal income tax issues, tax accounting issues and related implications on the Company.
- Experience in identifying tax process automation opportunities and provide technology solutions.
- Sense of ownership and comfort in a dynamic and evolving organization.
- Strong process and project management skills, including ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to interact and team with lead of operations and co-source providers.
- Ability to use own judgment and work with limited supervision.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.