Would you like to shape marketing strategy for our Chemistry solutions and fast-growing life sciences portfolio of data science related technologies?
Do you enjoy building customer relationships that lead to successful outcomes?
About our Team
Our Marketing Team helps develop dedicated and empowering solutions for the world's most research-intensive corporations and their science professionals, as well as universities, funders, and government. We enjoy the challenges of understanding new markets, representing the world of research accurately, and empowering our customers' digital transformation with enabling semantic technologies and analytics. We represent the voice of our customer and work to understand how we can improve and position our offerings to our community.
About the Role
As a Portfolio Marketing Manager, you will lead the go-to-market planning, value proposition development, brand positioning and messaging for Reaxys and our Elsevier and chemistry solutions with a focus on serving the Corporate Life Science segment. You will build trusted relationships with our customers to understand their needs to help us deliver effective communications. You will collaborate with product teams and partner with sales to understand the impact of market-trends for our business.
• Building customer-oriented value propositions and messaging by engaging with customers and collaborating with your Sales, Product, Technology and Professional Services teams
• Translating Reaxys' value to our customers into a strategic messaging framework for use across digital marketing channels, public relations, events and sales communications
• Maintaining a sound understanding of the markets and personas served by Reaxys, our life sciences portfolio and Elsevier, as well as our competitors
• Partnering with Elsevier Marketing squads to realise the awareness, demand generation and customer engagement objectives for Reaxys and the Chemistry Solutions
• Taking an analytical and metrics-based approach to measuring, assessing and improving our marketing performance
• Masters-level education in Chemistry or a related scientific field. PhD a plus.
• Have a solid background in B2B marketing within the Chemistry, Life Science or Technology markets
• Have experience of using metrics to assess and improve performance
• Be customer focused and able to build and maintain relationships through value driven and collaborative customer interactions
• Be a natural communicator, with an ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders and present technical content to a range of audiences
• Demonstrate experience of working with cross-functional teams within a global-matrix environment to deliver impactful marketing programs
• Have a genuine curiosity and interest in learning new technologies that can enhance our customer's success as well as our marketing success
• Be able to simplify complex concepts into clear and succinct language
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
• Working remotely from home
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
• Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits
• Wellbeing programs
• Life assurance
• Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
• Long service awards
• Save As You Earn share option scheme
• Travel Season ticket loan
• Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
• Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
• RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
• Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
• Access to extensive learning and development resources
• Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.