Job title: Manager, Solar Permitting -West
At Ecoplexus (www.ecoplexus.com), we are seeking individuals who have a passion to be part of the renewable energy industry and the change it is bringing, are self starters, creative thinkers, possess the drive to achieve, and have the capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a dynamic growth environment. We are looking for talented self-starters with imagination, creativity and vision. We are a rapidly-growing developer of large solar, wind and energy storage projects serving corporate and utility energy purchasers. We design, build, finance, own and operate projects across the US, Mexico and Asia. Headquartered in San Francisco, Ecoplexus has grown at an annual rate of over 50% per year since its founding in 2009.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Southeast Permitting Manager and will work closely with internal Ecoplexus teams, including permitting, engineering, finance, real estate, and other disciplines, as well as external counsel and other consultants
with the opportunity to work remotely. This position will involve travel to project sites and local permitting jurisdictions. The successful candidate must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation, and occasionally be willing to spend a significant amount of time traveling,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include (under the direction of the Southeast Permitting Manager), but are not be limited to, the following:
Education, Work Experience, Skills Requirements:
- Manage external contractors, consultants, and legal counsel, as well as internal resources from the engineering, finance, real estate, and other related teams, in support of the zoning and permitting process
- Regularly track progress and provide updates using shared internal databases, in order to keep colleagues and management aware of on-going communications, activities, and developments
- Coordinate consultants and manage timelines and deliverables pertaining to Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments, National Environmental Policy Act reports (i.e., threatened and endangered species surveys and cultural resources reports), jurisdictional wetland delineations, civil survey, and Geotechnical investigations and others as needed
- Represent Ecoplexus, in conjunction with key consultants and specialists, in discussions with state and federal permitting authorities, including the State Historic Preservation Office, United States Department of Fish & Wildlife, United States Army Corps of Engineers, etc.
- Represent Ecoplexus at various meetings and hearings - including pre-application, Planning Board, Board of Commissioners, Board of Adjustment, and City Council - in conjunction with development partners, land use counsel, and relevant experts
- Navigate county GIS and zoning maps; locate, identify, and interpret relevant land use ordinances; and contact local jurisdictions to determine zoning process and requirements
- When necessary, work in conjunction with senior permitting staff and local jurisdictions to help develop land use ordinances to allow for permitting of solar facilities
- Prepare and submit rezoning, variance, Special Use Permit, and Conditional Use Permit applications
- Provide critical information to the design team to ensure that projects comply with all relevant design guidelines and ordinances
- Prepare for hearings and meetings by researching local zoning ordinances and land use plans, and by managing development of appropriate materials in collaboration with internal and external team members
- Attend site visits to proposed development locations
- Four-year degree in public policy/planning, environmental science, natural resources, engineering, sustainability, or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience required in land use permitting and environmental permitting either in public or private sector
- Project management, organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team and take the initiative to follow up as needed
- Proficiency in project management software and MS Office suite
- Experience in solar industry is a plus, but not required
Ecoplexus offers a competitive salary, bonus structure, a benefits program, and flexible working conditions.
Ecoplexus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer . We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.No third party solicitations will be accepted for this or any other Ecoplexus position.
Check us out at: http://www.ecoplexus.com/about-us/