At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
This position is responsible for operations of a wastewater treatment operations to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures and reporting requirements. The Manager in this role ensures team members are up to date with all federal, state, and local regulations and environmental guidelines. They are responsible for ensuring that project/department goals and objectives are met. The person in this role manages budget and supports cost-containment activities.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Plans, organizes, assigns, directs, and reviews the work performed in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and treatment discharge operations.
- Oversees operation of facilities to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and in accordance with Federal, State and local ordinance criteria and permit requirements.
- Develops and implements techniques and methods to increase operation efficiency to reduce BOD, TSS and other constituents.
- Preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, both internal and external.
- Manages others who are engaged in operating, planning, repairing and maintaining the wastewater treatment system.
- Support wastewater and utilities capital projects, manage operations budget, exercising cost controls.
- Coordinate with contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers in coordination with engineering team.
- Oversees and supports the preventive maintenance program and activities of the plant.
- Supervises emergency and unscheduled work to assure appropriate follow through and performance.
- Implements, supervises, and enforces department safety and risk management programs.
- Coordinates equipment repair or replacement such that plant effluent quality limits are maintained.
- Prepare and oversee maintenance and service work orders.
- Support the requisition process for tools, materials, equipment, and services.
- Perform inventory of stored material and parts for use in the plant.
- Oversees and manage operator training activities, develop and revises SOP's, ensure certifications are current.
- Provides effective management of employees to ensure effective selection, retention, development, training, disciplinary action, and performance management.
- Provide technical support to review proposed regulatory compliance activities to determine the potential impact on company operations.
You are best suited for the role if you...
- Have a bachelor's Degree or 5 years as a licensed Wastewater Treatment Operator with 2 years progressive Supervisory experience.
- possess a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator's Grade II license from the applicable State where the facility operates.
- can perform and document various tests required by State and Federal agencies for the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Can perform daily and periodic checks and tests of the wastewater treatment process.
- Have working knowledge of the operation, methods and procedures of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Have working knowledge of the machinery used for wastewater treatment and pumping stations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
- Have a working knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repair.
- Have extensive knowledge of State and Federal rules governing wastewater discharges and employee safety. Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Have the ability to follow all Environmental Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Are a strong verbal and written communicator
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications. Having strong MS Excel skills is a plus.
- can handle multiple tasks simultaneously while remaining organized and paying attention to the details
- Are a strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Development opportunities that enhance their career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help them care for their families
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.