Managing Director - Communications Vertical - Remote
Managing Director - Communications Vertical - Remote
Who we are
The Select Group excels in providing IT managed solutions, professional services, and project-based resources to some of today's largest companies. We consider ourselves a family, headquartered in Raleigh, NC and spread out across North America, made strong by our diversity, and drawn together by our common mission of positively impacting lives, one experience at a time. By helping businesses flourish and top technical talent reach their professional dreams, we fulfill our purpose.
What makes us different
Our superpower is in the strength of our connections. We take a consultative approach with our clients, developing award-winning relationships inside Fortune 500 companies. Account Managers at The Select Group become an extension of their clients' teams, equipped with technical knowledge that help businesses achieve strategic goals while overcoming their organizational challenges.
Love where you work
You'll have the opportunity to join a tight-knit, fast-growing company that's making a tremendous impact across industries such as communications, healthcare, technology, Communications, and more.
The way we see it, you have to grow people to grow companies. That's why we make personal and professional development a priority at TSG. You'll have access to:
- professional coaching
- world-class training
- programs targeted at developing your whole self, including wellness, mental health, and education assistance.
- a day off for your birthday, an annual company-wide mental health day, and a floating holiday to celebrate a diversity and inclusion holiday of your choice
But we've got the usual company perks, as well, including a matching 401K plan, employer paid life insurance and long-term disability, 12-weeks paid maternity leave and partially paid parental leave, and any equipment and software that you need to do your job.
The Select Group is seeking a demonstrated leader with a history of consultative sales acumen in the IT Services, specifically in the Communications Industry. In this role, you will be expected to expand TSG's presence in our thriving Communications portfolio. Our service offerings include Project Based Resources, Managed Solutions and Professional Services. As a Managing Director, you'll need to have experience serving the Communications Industry and a background in selling solutions. Successful candidates must reside in a time zone that services our clients. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated strategic business leader who understands the importance of leading by example, being both a player and a coach.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding growth targets for the Industry Vertical while managing their employees towards operational excellence.
- Manage and measure sales growth targets to ensure the team is productive and adding to organizational success.
- Develop targeted based market strategies, business development and delivery opportunities that advance TSG's footprint in this market.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, developing, and retaining a diverse, high-performing sales team.
- Dedication towards learning and promoting the TSG culture of inclusion through our values of trust, service, and grit.
- Monitor trends in technology as it relates to the Communications space and their impact on TSG's strategy.
- Ability to collaborate and develop partnerships with functional leaders inside and outside the organization.
- Focus on impacting the lives of our client, consultant, and employee communities through an exceptional experience.
- Participate in virtual and in-person meetings to develop the Communications portfolio across the US and Canada.
- Collaborate with our Managed Solutions and Professional Services teams to identify the best approach for each client project.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at The Select Group
- Passionate about driving sales and building high-performance teams
- 5+ years of professional selling experience with an emphasis on a Communications client base.
- Proven success in hunting and expanding solution/service opportunities is crucial
- 1+ years' experience leading a sales or business development team is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding objectives and quotas
- Expert level of sales in facilitating C-Suite relationships within enterprise commercial accounts.
- High level of social perceptiveness and customer service
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
TSG values the unique perspectives our employees and consultants bring to work and life each day. We're building a culture that encourages, embraces, and celebrates diversity, ensuring we have an inclusive workplace where everyone can be who they are. Together, we're driving innovation and creativity to help our clients succeed and to make our communities stronger. We are here to learn and grow. Join us, and just be you. Equal Opportunity Employer
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.