Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Linde, Inc, a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at .
The Technician Operator is responsible for safe, reliable, and efficient operations of a spray dryer and associated processing equipment. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires the employee to have problem solving capabilities in all production associated processes.
The Technician Operator performs the operations necessary to safely produce powders, at the correct size, and quality necessary to achieve world class standards. It is expected that these standards be met by following Praxair Standard practices in all aspects of this job.
- Read, understand, and use Product Manufacturing Instructions (PMI's), Job-Safety Analysis' (JSA), and schedule to accomplish daily production tasks
- Follow step-by-step instructions detailed by senior operators in turnover reports, written job instructions, or verbal instructions
- Display basic understanding and knowledge regarding safe operation of the spray dryer and processing equipment (i.e. Spray Dryer, blenders, screeners, mills, classifiers, forklift, etc.)
- Demonstrate a basic level of skill and knowledge related to spray drying operations. May requires assistance from senior operator or team leader to complete tasks
- Load and unload various ovens for sealing process
- Work with co-workers to coordinate product movement through the process
- Make minor and routine adjustments to production equipment without assistance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally between operations, engineering, quality departments
- Manage own daily workflow requirements to meet production schedule
- Operate forklift. Complete forklift certification within 60 days of employment
- Support and participate in current and new safety initiatives/policies
- Maintain equipment and housekeeping within work environment
- Cross-train within other areas of the plant (e.g. Shipping, Production prep, etc.) based on business needs.
- Troubleshoot operational issues.
- Complete documentation as needed to meet customer specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to read, comprehend and understand work instructions as well as technical specifications
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Capable of lifting up to 40lbs
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger manipulation, occasional stooping, crouching, and climbing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
This job has expired.