Job ID: 433539
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain wall, storefronts and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings and more.
- Full Time Opportunities with Direct Company Hire
- $17.38/hr entry pay with the opportunity to make $17.97/hr within a year
- Shift Premiums for Night Shift additional $1.00 per hour
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently seeking an Anodizing Associate
for our plant operations in Midway, TN. If you have a desire to learn and grow in a team environment, then Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® could be a great place for your career. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for safely racking and unracking aluminum extrusions for preparation to Anodize the material
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job
- Read written instructions and follow verbal instructions
- Basic computer skills
- Be able to multitask, prioritize and work under time constraints
- Be a team player and willing to be trained to work in other areas as assigned
- Communicate well with peers and management
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Available to work 12 hour rotating shifts, 6PM-6AM or 6AM-6PM, with periods of required overtime for Full Time employees
- Preference will be given to applicants with former manufacturing experience
- Stand and walk for entire shift on concrete, up to 12 hours
- Twist, bend and kneel
- Lift, push, pull or move up to 75lbs individually or 150lbs with a partner
- Grasp metal and turn hooks and clamps by hand
- Lift aluminum extrusions overhead and at head level individually and with a partner
- Requires constant reaching, handling and grasping while turning of upper body while moving and lifting
- Visual acuity to inspect aluminum for various quality flaws
- Proper wear of all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Temperatures are consistent with same outdoor climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Additional Information
What OBE Offers You
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Night, Design Engineer, Industrial, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing