The successful candidate will provide leadership, strategic direction and tactical oversight for our Manufacturing Site in Union City, CA. Incumbent will ensure achievement of site, Global Manufacturing & Supply and Zoetis goals and objectives in accordance with FDA regulations, cGMP, USDA, EPA/OSHA agency regulations, Zoetis policies and procedures, Zoetis Quality standards, budgetary commitments and financial regulations and fully in alignment with Zoetis Core Beliefs.
Key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and tactical oversight for the site; ensure full achievement of Site, Global Manufacturing & Supply and Zoetis goals and objectives.
- Provide direction and leadership for site operations, including Manufacturing, Quality Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, EHS and coordination with enabling functions supporting the site (HR, Finance, Procurement, ITS).
- Work collaboratively with business leaders globally, as well as external network, customers and regulatory agencies in advancing site and network objectives.
- Partner with the business in creating and enhancing revenue and providing competitive costs and assuring supply reliability.
- Develop and maintain a highly effective organization through organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition and development, training, performance management, mentoring, coaching, leadership development, compensation planning, reward and recognition.
- Is accountable for establishing and maintaining a culture that exemplifies the Zoetis Core Beliefs.
- Consistently demonstrate Zoetis quality and compliance standards, safety, financial adherence to budgetary commitments, Operational Excellence, and colleague engagement and retention.
- Analyze financial issues and opportunities and make appropriate decisions to achieve both short and long-term objectives for the site, network and the Company's business.
- Interact with colleagues, line managers, and senior leaders across multiple sites and disciplines, including manufacturing operations, commercial operations, marketing, planning, finance, Quality, HR, operational excellence, EHS, purchasing, logistics, etc.
- Promote an open and proactive EHS culture with the active engagement of all site colleagues. Foster a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, agility, continuous improvement and innovation
- Interface with customers, representatives from regulatory agencies, vendors, trades workers, contractors, designers, consultants, and other external resources including the general public.
- Knowledge and experience using SAP ERP system both in (infrastructure integration and utilization)
- Directly supervise up to managerial, professional, and/or administrative colleagues and/or contractors. Indirectly supervise hourly Production and Maintenance colleagues, administrative and technical resources, Quality staff, and contract resources.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical discipline (Engineering, Chemistry/Biochemistry, or related); Master's degree or MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in cGMP diagnostic, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing, including at least five years of demonstrated success in a senior leadership role, leading and developing managerial employees.
- Previous experience leading a manufacturing site is required
- Understanding of large manufacturing plant organizational dynamics preferred
- Experience in global operations and distribution is a strong plus.
- Experience working in a matrix organization is required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the fields of ergonomics, industrial hygiene, safety engineering, OSHA VPP certification, toxicology, environmental management and occupational health.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following capabilities: leadership, operational management, data and financial analysis, supply chain, decision-making, critical thinking and technical skills pertaining to manufacturing, negotiating, and conflict resolution.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including strong presentation and community relations.
- Demonstrated record of innovation, focus on performance, change management, leader development with continuous improvement and development/implementation of best practices.
- Track record of understanding and meeting customer and market needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with Business colleagues.
- Proven history of effective performance management, coaching, mentoring and a commitment to mutual accountability, with track record of talent development and succession planning.
- Demonstrated record of innovation, focus on performance, change management, leadership development with continuous improvement and development/implementation of best practices.
- Understanding of the Medical Device/ Diagnostics , Animal Health/Nutrition, and/or Biopharmaceutical business with a proven ability to accurately analyze manufacturing business trends.
- Demonstrated record of achievement of objectives and proven demonstration and commitment to the Zoetis Core Beliefs.
- Strong SAP ERP system experience and understanding
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, and ability to learn Zoetis systems).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly exposed to both office settings and a manufacturing environment, including moving mechanical parts. The colleague will be required to utilize certain Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to, hard hats, safety ("steel-toed") shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.