Come join our awesome team as an MDS Nurse at Maplewood Care Center. We are offering generous retention incentives of $8,000 for RN and $7,000.00 for LPN!
Pay up to $43.00
Maplewood Care Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
MDS Nurse job highlights:
• Generous "refer a friend" bonuses
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The primary purpose of the MDS Nurse is to plan and organize the MDS/RAI process in coordination with the RAI/PPS Coordinator. Willing to train!
You will become a residents' rights advocate, educating each resident of their legal rights, as well as continuously monitoring, evaluating, and managing the care given to residents.
- Completes the minimum data set assessment (MDS) and Care Area Assessment (CAAS).
- Ensure that care plans accurately reflect the cares and clinical monitoring provided.
- Monitors regulatory compliance for completion of MDS/RAI process
- Informs IDT members of validation errors as appropriate.
- Follows the HCFA Correction Policy for corrections.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties, and work independently.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Ability to complete assigned duties within a constantly changing environment.
- Team player with ability to function within interdisciplinary team.
- Current RN or LPN licensure in the sate of employment
- Registered Nurse with previous long- term care experience with working knowledge of the RAI process.
Maplewood Care Center is a skilled nursing and memory care rehabilitation facility located in Maplewood, Minnesota, on the Homestead at Maplewood Campus. At our center, we are devoted to providing individualized, empathetic assistance to seniors in need of short-term or long-term care. The city of Maplewood is a short drive from St Paul and Minneapolis. We employ hardworking individuals who are unwavering in their commitment to ensuring our residents are receiving the quality care they deserve. They heavily contribute to the positive work culture we have at Maplewood Care Center, and the kindness and joy they bring to work every day always brings a smile to those who need it.
Our 2022 Great Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.