The Penhall Company has an immediate opening for a Mechanic/Dispatcher to join our team. We are looking for a Diesel Mechanic with experience working with Rental Equipment, excavators, wheel loaders, skidsteers, backhoes, trucks. In this position you will perform the day-to-day maintenance and repair on heavy industrial construction equipment. Service truck will be provided.
Foreman, Superintendent, Drivers, Operators, other skilled laborers
Specific Role Responsibilities:
Maintain a safe working environment. Provide high quality control standards while maintaining high levels of equipment readiness.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair a variety of heavy industrial construction equipment (both diesel & gas powered). Service Truck Provided
- Carry out preventative maintenance and repair programs. Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in the repair and fabrication of equipment by performing basic to advanced welding techniques (MIG, TIG, ARC).
- Analyze parts and supply stock to ensure an adequate and cost-effective inventory.
- Identify and work with outside specialty shops (machine, hydraulic, electrical, etc.) to perform special or time effective work when needed.
- Act as technical expert and advise personnel when to take equipment out of service due to mechanical problems.
- Monitor equipment and tool warranty programs to insure warranty claims are forwarded to Asset Manager for processing
- Assist in maintaining all corporate equipment files including inventory, repair and maintenance, etc.
- Dispatch all employees to job sites daily
- Follow company training & procedures to assure prompt and accurate dispatching
- Utilizes customer service training to establish rapport and assist customers
- Answer phone and book calls when needed to support service center branches
- Dispatches orders and relays messages and special instructions to mobile crews and other departments
- Follow Dispatch job checklist to confirm all essential items pertaining to the job are completed before dispatching the field employee(s) to another job
- Union Labor Relations (as required) - basic principles of labor / management partnerships
- Computer/Office Machines - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Willing to attend and participate in training and development programs as required
- Perform additional assignments as requested by supervisors
- 3 - 5 years' experience working with heavy industrial construction equipment. Familiarity with grinding and grooving concrete construction equipment a plus. Technical training in equipment repair and operation or equivalent combination of technical training and experience will be considered.
- Previous experience working with diesel engines, electrical and hydraulic repair is a must.
- Diamond blade equipment service and repair a plus.
- Experienced in basic to advanced welding techniques (MIG, TIG, ARC) is a must.
- Must possess practical knowledge of the function, operation, and maintenance of construction equipment.
- Work in inclement weather in and around repair facility.
- Ability to work both days / nights, weekends, extended hours, and overtime as needed.
- Strong construction technical skills and knowledge required
- Strong sense of urgency with a focus on quality and safety.
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 90 pounds.
- Basic computer literacy working with MS Office (Excel, Word) and email a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic to intermediate arithmetic skills.
- Correctly complete daily work schedules and equipment paperwork
- Understand/knowledge of terminology used in general construction operations
Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.
This job has expired.