Location: Lincolnia, VA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to support our mission critical customer. Must be a US Citizen. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Government security clearance.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing, issues reports and maintains related data on assignments of advanced complexity.
- Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required.
- Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks.
- Keeps proper engineering files and records.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
- May provide technical guidance to a modest sized group of engineers, designers, and specialists.
- Fully versed in the methods of business development and able to lead the preparation of proposals.
- Fully versed with codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
- Fully versed with and can check and review the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within a specific discipline.
- Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations as well as the approval, revision, retention, and storage of calculations with a specific discipline.
- Can oversee the review and checking of construction and vendor drawings.
- Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
- Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor it to aid in evaluating the budget.
- Leads estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 7 years of job-related experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- The position requires the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain Professional Engineer registration in the state of VA within one test cycle of work start.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Government Security clearance.
- PE certification
- Active TS clearance
- CEM certificationContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com