Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
As a Sustaining Mechanical Engineer, you'll be working on product life cycle support for a wide range highly technical particle counting instrumentation. You will be working with a team of dedicated engineers and scientists from multiple disciplines in addition to marketing, production, and service people in the organization. You will be working with a wide variety of technologies and using your engineering skills to troubleshoot issues and improve designs. You will be responsible for design enhancements of products to provide new functionality and features and/or extend a product's life cycle.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Supporting product updates and sustaining engineering activities
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment that include electrical and firmware engineers as well as supply chain, production engineers, service technicians and product line managers
- Generate design changes and updates using a 3D solid modelling tool
- Processing Engineering change orders
- Performing root cause analysis
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Opto-Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical engineering design
- Experience with injection molded plastics, machined, and sheet metal parts. Ability to specify the optimal alloys, plastics, carbon fiber, and other materials for a variety of environments
- Experience with electronics packaging design and IPX rated enclosures
- Experience with fabrication and assembly methods to optimize Design for Manufacturing. Knowledge of product servicing needs to optimize Design for Serviceability.
- Experience with root cause analysis tools such as 5-Whys and Fishbone diagrams
- Knowledge of product BOM structuring and ERP systems
- Experience with SolidWorks and Solidworks PDM Experience in tolerance analysis per ASME Y14.5M,GD&T, thermal analysis, stress calculations, tooling and fixture design.
The Nuts and BoltsLocation
- Opto-Mechanical design experience a strong plus
- Experience in gas and liquid handling systems a plus
- Fluid flow analysis experience is a strong plus.
- Master's degree in Engineering
- Experience with SolidEdge
- This is an "in-office" position 50-100% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. The remainder of the time you may work from home. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Our benefit package is provided through our parent company, Spectris.
- Health Advocate - This confidential service can help you; your spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law resolve health care and insurance-related issues, manage chronic conditions and improve your health and well-being.
- Dental - Delta Dental PPO; DeltaCare USA
- Vision - VSP Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Onsite Wellness Clinic - Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations.
$85,000-115,000 depending upon experienceHow we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we to make competitive offers between the minimum and around the midpoint of the range. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant's level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.