Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Mechanical Engineer I, Operations Engineering
As a Mechanical Engineer I, Operations Engineering you will be providing technical support to a large and growing operating wind fleet with a concentration on blade reliability utilizing new technologies. This position would innovate and evaluate inspection technology, reporting to the blade manager. This position is located in our Chicago (downtown), IL headquarters.
- Lead blade maintenance planning and tactical implementation for sites within engineer's scope of Invenergy's wind operating fleet
- Revise and improve techniques used for inspecting equipment (visual, audible, borescope, infrared, acoustic emission, ultrasonic, vibration, etc.).
- Become familiar with equipment repair methods, assist with training of in-house repair teams and provide ongoing technical support.
- Author detailed inspection and repair procedures, technical bulletins, and operating policy documents.
- Evaluate and implement process and procedural improvements to prepare company for growth
- Lead pilot projects to evaluate new equipment, tools, or processes.
- Pilot new blade technologies working with commercial and asset management to implement across the fleet.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an engineering or technical discipline.
- Zero to four years' work experience.
- Strong interest and understanding of mechanical systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and able to quickly acclimate to new software.
- Some travel (< 25%) and moderate field work.
- Experience with work management programs.
- Experience with wind turbines, fiberglass work, wind turbine blades / airfoils, industrial bearings / gearing, or concrete structural evaluation.
- Experience with UAV or other drone equipment.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.