Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Apply polymer science knowledge and develop practical process expertise for a wide portfolio of extruded, blow-molded or configured products in an engineering led, customer-centric medical device organization.
Become proficient in the operation of processing equipment, testing & measuring instruments, and in manufacturing product utilizing various materials. Working with skilled technicians and senior engineers, ensure that products meet specification and focus on waste reduction opportunities.
Responsible for analyzing problems, solving problems and supporting ongoing operations to meet/exceed customer needs. Effectively contribute to customer or business driven projects working in a team environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Operates within the Quality Management System
- Demonstrates capability to efficiently learn and grasp the technical nature of processes to contribute to and achieve positive business results.
- Processing various materials and operating equipment in the production environment to achieve the unique processing expertise necessary to succeed in the engineering role
- Program Manage Balloon development projects including customer interface and facilitating the required internal resources.
- Supports balloon customers through expert knowledge of usage and properties.
- Ensures that product specifications are met in accordance with process specifications
- Designs and conducts product tests and completes assigned technical studies
- Confirms product performance using existing procedures and installed base of equipment.
- Leads/supports various projects and assignments including but not limited to:
- operation of equipment and test instrumentation to capture and analyze data
- identification and resolution of waste reduction opportunities
- investigation and response to non-conformances and customer complaints
- creation of product or process specifications and engineering change requests
- documentation creation and training of production personnel
- Completes assignments on time and on budget.
- Assists or conducts process or product validations
- Prepares project status or engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends - recommends actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by close collaboration with colleagues..
- Uses statistical tools such as Minitab
- Successfully completes identified training
- Fulfills other duties as assigned
- Travels to support customers as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Polymer Science (preferred)
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience, preferably with some project management.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, positive business results leading to increased responsibilities.
- Willingness to invest the time necessary to learn the technologies and contribute to business results
- Practical experience extruding, blow molding, expanding, printing, cutting, manipulating, optimizing and/or testing of polymers
- Database interrogation, analysis of data and recommendations for action
- Effective project management is a plus
- CAD experience is helpful but not necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.