We are looking for a Medical Technician/Technologist (40 hours per week) in our Elmnwood Park, NJ location.
Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday (2:00am-10:30am)
The Medical Technologist performs all laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established company and departmental policies and procedures.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Maintain standards in routine & STAT testing.
- Complete work in a timely manner.
- Write legibly when documenting QC, problems or information.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Review communication logs.
- Prepare for shift by gathering needed supplies, i.e. reagents plates.
- Perform and document required maintenance on equipment.
- Review calibration & QC prior to testing/resulting.
- Perform calibrations and quality control as needed.
- Review results before releasing.
- Review pendings at the end of shift.
- Follow repeat protocol.
- Review Check Sheets.
- Perform duties in independent manner with no direct supervision required.
- Inform supervisor of supply inventory.
- Understand all laboratory policies and procedures.
- Date and initial reagents that are put "in use".
- Can identify at least one location of a fire extinguisher.
- Can read and interpret a curve.
- Can read and understand a Levy-Jennings Chart.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Related life Science.
- Florida State Licensure
- Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.