Job Title: Member Service Assistant
Tropical FCU (TFCU) is a Sun-Sentinel Top Workplace four years in a row. Being part of the Member Relations Team and TFCU overall will provide you with opportunities to engage by learning, growing, contributing, collaborating, and developing professionally. Join us for a great employee experience focused on engaging employees and members alike.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This is a high visibility/high member contact position, thus providing world-class service is essential. This position is responsible for assisting members and potential members with their financial needs, opening new accounts, processes account transactions, resolving problems, and providing account information and cross-selling services and products to meet the member's needs. Positively and professionally represent the organization in Seg and/or PC events. Perform clerical and/or administrative duties and provide backup support to other staff within the branch as needed.
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Assists members with opening and closing accounts, answer questions about products and services, and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
- Open all accounts, certificates, loans, and other credit union products or services accurately, ensuring all related forms and documents are completed and filed/scanned in a timely manner.
- Promote, describe, and actively cross-sell credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews and/or review of the member's account.
- Achieve personal referral goals by developing relationships with current and prospective members utilizing the fundamentals of sales and profiling skills. Actively participate in Sales Promotions and campaigns including telemarketing/outbound calls for sales and services to members and non-members as per their financial needs.
- Serve as a liaison and contact for the credit unions existing SEGs and/or Partner Companies and maintain all facets of the relationship. Assist branches with formal presentations at SEGs and/or Partner Companies to introduce the credit union to employees; answer questions and provide a resource that encourages participation.
- Function as a teller on an as-needed basis, filling in for peak schedules or for an absence or shortage on the teller line.
- Process member transactions to include deposits, withdrawals, and transfers, check cashing, traveler's checks, account verification, etc.
- Assist with handling cash dispensers, ordering cash, balancing, researching discrepancies, etc.
- Complete Currency Transaction Report's (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and other regulatory compliance documentation as required.
- Provide primary or backup duty on a number of functions to include ordering checks, stop payment processing, ordering, PIN or closing out of Debit Cards and Debit/ATM disputes/fraud claims processing.
- May serve as a Notary Public on behalf of the credit union.
- Ensure that the manager is kept fully informed on any issues of importance in the operations of the credit union.
- Alert branch management of any suspicious activity regarding transactions including forgery, theft, fraud, kiting, etc.
- BSA Compliance - every employee is required to uphold the credit union's compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services, State and Federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions and member interactions.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending, and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
- Ensures that work area and equipment are clean, secure, and well maintained in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required with or without accommodation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An individual in this position is required to interact regularly with all credit union members, shared services members, employees, and external insurance vendors; therefore outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with members or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply good business sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to meet deadlines in an organized and timely fashion.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision at times.
- Ability display initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to adhere to organizational policies and objectives;
- Participate in teamwork, as well as, the willingness and ability to learn new tasks and duties within a changing and work in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to ensure minimal to no errors are made while handling their job functions.
- Ability to mitigate fraud and adhere closely to security standards of operation.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- High School Diploma or general education equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of financial services teller experience or 5 years of cash handling and customer service experience.
- Strong Knowledge of Credit Union product offerings, as well as all services, provided preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of computers (MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Proficient with written and oral communication skills.
- Written skills to include email etiquette.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or touch. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS
Travel: Up to 25%
Verbal phone ability, hearing, sitting at desk, standing at teller counter
Understanding verbal and written communication, grammar, computers
LANGUAGE: Bilingual, English/Spanish
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer, printer, fax, telephone, copier
Financial Institution Environment
Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt LocationBroward County Market About the OrganizationTropical is a not-for-profit, member-owned and member operated financial cooperative, serving South Florida since 1935. We operate a fun, and family-oriented work environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow in their career and move up within the organization. It's an organization that values your contributions and rewards you for your performance. TFCU has proven to be an organization that is dedicated not only to TFCU's success, but the success of its employees and the financial success of our members. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
This job has expired.