This job has expired.
The Modeling and Simulation Engineer serves as a subject matter expert and leads all modeling and simulation activities. The SME will administer, implement, maintain, and perform analysis of documents and data control, products and documentation configuration management, and engineering changes. The modeling and simulation engineer enforces, develops and monitors configuration management processes and procedures by interfacing with key stakeholders to initiate, process, and release changes to technical data.
The modeling and simulation engineer would also develop modeling requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Play a key role in assisting other project members with analysis and evaluation. Supervise, coordinate, and/or perform additions, changes, and recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: modeling and simulation; networking; operating systems; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; life-cycle management; disaster recovery; and requirements management.
The modeling and simulation engineer may also provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems. Participate in planning design, technical reviews and the implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks. Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by the government. Diagnose and resolve complex communication problems.
The Modeling SME should have the following skills:
* Statistics background
* High level of self-motivation and initiative
* Ability to formulate questions that will help the business and then proceed in solving them
* Must be able to work with engineering teams to evaluate system performance
* Domain and expert technical knowledge
* Senior level experience providing CM in a Cloud environment
* Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
* Ability to plan and lead major technology assignments
* Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
* Ability to supervise others
* Candidate must have strong communication skills
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
* Develop, test and execute simulation models of IT systems
* Integrate new capabilities into existing tools through scripting and plugins
* Engineering research, design and development
* Research new data of interest, cleanse data for modeling team to develop solution for problems
* Applying mathematical and statistical solutions
* Suggest improvements and configuration changes that improve performance of the system
* Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
Required Education & Experience
* Associate’s Degree or higher and/or 5+ years of related experience
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate working knowledge with several of the following concepts or technologies:
* Modeling and simulation
* Programming languages
* Discrete Event Simulation
* No Magic, or other Modeling tools
* Relevant commercial certifications desired
* Candidate must be a US Citizen, possess DHS Suitability background investigation or be eligible to qualify for DHS Entry of Duty background investigation followed by DHS Public Trust Clearance
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf