Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Ã‚ÂGroup's key figures (as of March 2020) are approx. 5.4 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 50 countries and about 50,000 staff.
Eurofins EMLab P&K is searching for an Mold/Asbestos Analystin Seattle, WA
The Analyst primarily performs analysis of bulk samples using PLM for asbestos, and analysis of non-culturable surface and air samples for fungi. Analyst prepares and analyzes environmental samples according to scientific methodology in compliance with company Quality Assurance programs and SOP's, and must be knowledgeable of both job-specific routine and complex analyses. The analyst validates and reviews data for accuracy, and enters laboratory data into the LIMS that ultimately generates required reports to clients. Schedules sample workload according to due dates and sample hold times, and must be knowledgeable of the job-specific laboratory testing equipment, requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
Mold/Asbestos Analyst responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Prepare and analyze aerobiological and environmental samples for asbestos and fungi.
- Accurately enters and reports analytical data using the LIMS
- Performs independent data reviews for other analysts' work
- Performs analysis of reference materials, proficiency samples and other quality control samples as needed
- Maintains client service and provides technical support as needed
- Assists the QA manager in development, implementation and data collection of QA processes for the different analytical tests
- Performs confirmation of lab results as needed by client services personnel
- Performs and completes all analytical testing and Quality Assurance related tasks as needed
- Assists in pursuing, receiving and maintaining necessary laboratory accreditations
- Maintains and updates all necessary Training and QA documents onsite as necessary
- Coordinates and manages projects according to their rush status and due time for timely delivery
- Assists co-workers on analytical questions, as necessary
- Participates in Lean initiatives as needed
- Follows company policies and procedures and ensures that coworkers are doing the same
- Manages and maintains the inventory of re-sale supply items and laboratory consumables and takes necessary steps to re-order supplies as needed
- Manages and disposes analyzed samples as needed
- Provides training support for relevant analytical services (i.e. mycology, bacteriology, asbestos, ect) as needed
- Recommends and coordinates sample transfer as necessary
- Establishes and maintains laboratory stock culture and reference samples
- Performs root cause analysis and implements corrective actions for errors and issues as necessary
- Maintains all equipment properly and co-ordinates servicing of all equipment used in the laboratory, as needed
- Routinely communicates available capacity to Regional Manager
- Supports other departments within the lab (mycology, asbestos, bacteriology, and other) when appropriate and as needed
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Manager
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
- 8 units of Microbiology courses preferred
- General regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of computers, spreadsheets, and databases
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday,8a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance ofSeattle, WAare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Additional InformationEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- 1+ years of experience performing asbestos microscopy and/or 1+ years of experience performing spore trap and direct exam analysis required
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology, biology, geology or a closely related science.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship