A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking an exempt Director of Integrated Human Sciences on the Kirksville, Missouri campus. The position reports to the Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs. The Director of Integrated Human Sciences is responsible for overseeing the implementation and evaluation of the integrated human science predoctoral curriculum; assuring development, integration, and assessment of biomedical sciences in association with legal considerations, ethical issues, behavioral sciences, public health, evidence-based dentistry, interprofessional practice, practice management, and clinical dentistry; and managing biomedical science curriculum.
Major Job Duties
- Work with the Senior Associate Dean, Academic Affairs (Senior Associate Dean) to develop, recommend, implement, and evaluate an educationally sound plan for delivery of integrated human science (IHS) curriculum across all four years of the MOSDOH DMD program.
- Maintain and improve integrity of the integrated human systems curriculum, including monitoring of metrics and trends, and work as liaison with the Biomedical Science Chairs and faculty.
- Identify gaps, inappropriate overlap, and inconsistencies in the IHS curriculum and make recommendations to the curriculum committee for resolution; incorporate appropriate changes for curricular enhancement.
- Work with the Senior Associate Dean, Academic Affairs and appropriate administrative staff to schedule courses and faculty for the integrated human systems curriculum.
- Serve as a member of the Curriculum Committee and any other committees as assigned by the Senior Associate Dean.
- In coordination with internal and external partners, enhance the quality of the MOSDOH program curricula.
- Develop a foundation for ethical thinking and action within the curriculum.
- Teach in the biomedical science curriculum utilizing sound educational methodology in teaching and assessment.
- Develop and implement the IHS curriculum delivery plan in the first and second years of the DMD program and assure integration of biomedical sciences into the preclinical and clinical portions of the program.
- Implement Curriculum Management plan in relation to the IHS Curriculum.
- Assure evaluation of IHS curriculum on at least an annual basis as outlined in the Curriculum Management Plan.
- Make recommendations for improvement of the Curriculum Committee and/or Senior Associate Dean, AA, and/or KCOM department chairs.
- Assure maintenance and dissemination of course syllabi and resources for the IHS and Behavioral science curriculum.
- Serve as a course director for Biomedical Sciences and Dental Science courses.
- Make recommendations for course hiring, correction, and dismissal.
- Meet with the biomedical science chairs at least quarterly and more periodically to address challenges and opportunities.
- Assist faculty in the development of course content, delivery, and student assessment.
- Resolve student academic issues and refer issues to the Academic Progress Committee in a timely manner.
- Serve on the Academic Progress Committee and Curriculum Committee.
- Assist in the drafting of reporting and accreditation documents related to the IHS curriculum.
- Where appropriate, identify and utilize internal and external partners to enhance the Curriculum.
- Assist in annual and periodic training and calibration sessions including the annual faculty advance.
- Attend standing and ad hoc committees including as appointment and directed by the Dean or Senior Associate Dean, Academic Affairs.
- Serve as a preclinical or clinical faculty member, as directed.
- Contribute to research and scholarly activity as assigned and agreed upon with the Senior Associate Dean, Academic Affairs.
- Participate in community outreach.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Dean and/or Dean.
- DDS/DMD required, PhD or MS desirable
- Must have knowledge of body systems, education, health care delivery, ethics, administration, leadership, strategic planning, policy, facilitation, and collaboration
- Must have experience as a diversity coordinator
- Computer skills
- Facilitation skills
- Ethical decision-making skills
- Strategic thinking
- Independent thinking
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.