Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
GM Motorsports is looking for outstanding talent with a passion to bring performance to the racetrack every week. Continuing our winning tradition in racing requires that we never lose focus on innovation and being bold in our application of engineering and technology to build triumphant race cars. GM Motorsports is based at the brand-new Charlotte Technical Center in Concord, NC bringing together sophisticated motorsports engineering technologies with engineers from GM, GM NASCAR Key Partner teams, and new hires. We are focused on the concept of One Team, where the technology and people that build GM's award-winning cars on the road work alongside the GM Motorsports team to win on the racetrack. We are looking for Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineers that have a passion for motorsports and enjoy solving complex problems in a very competitive environment.
The Motorsports Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer will join a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible building, running, and interpreting results of full car and subsystem aerodynamic simulations of varying complexity. This activity will be focused on working with all GM Key Partner teams to ensure they are racing the highest performing vehicle possible.Support full car and subsystem models capable of detailed aerodynamic simulation. Use proper modeling, testing, and analysis techniques required for a premier CFD program in motorsports. Conduct correlational analysis of CFD and wind tunnel test results.
Interested in joining our growing team with some work flexibility? Read on to learn about additional key factors in this great opportunity!
Additional Job DescriptionRequired:
- Remain apprised of the latest developments in the field of CFD to improve the methods applied for aerodynamic simulation of the racecar and its working components
- Efficiently manage CFD resources to achieve increasing levels of hardware, software, and resource license utilization
- Organize CFD test results into concise, presentable reports for proper decision making and implementation
- Interface and collaborate with NASCAR Teams and GM engineering, specifically the virtual design, development, and validation groups
- Provide direction and concrete data to GM race teams to improve weekend performance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, or a related subject with coursework in Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
- Experience with computer tools, 3D CAD files, CAE methods and Experimental Data
- Proficiency with CFD software (Star CCM+ preferred), flow simulation and visualization related software and methods
- Basic knowledge of experimental aerodynamics standard methodologies
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship leadership skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- 3 + years CFD Engineer or Aerodynamicistin automotive or aerospace industry
- Experience with the architecture and performance of NASCAR race vehicles
- Knowledge of NASCAR race series regulations
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Basic programming experience with Java and/or Python languages
- Proficiency in both Linux and Windows OS environments
- Solid understanding of CAD software (Siemens NX and ANSA preferred)
- Experience developing detailed models and meshes ready for CFD simulations
- Understanding of various aerodynamic turbulence models as they relate to specific CFD test methods and results
- Knowledge of both transient and steady state CFD solvers
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.