Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day in the life of a National Leader, Wealth Transition Services may include the following:
Who You Are
- Setting the strategic priorities for the Wealth Transition Services team.
- Coaching and mentoring staff.
- Recruiting and interviewing candidates to fill open positions on the team.
- Field questions and projects from various stakeholders and delegation of work flow to appropriate team members.
- Managing client relationships internally and externally by proactively seeking solutions that add value to the client experience.
- Looking at the tax situation of the individual and their estate from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
- Assisting clients which may have varied levels of estate planning knowledge.
- Interpreting and reviewing various legal documents in relation to estate and business succession planning.
- Implementing the planning process to create plans based on cash flow projections, distribution of income, business succession, estate preservation and estate plan flow.
- Reviewing gift, estate and fiduciary tax returns.
- Working with staff to ensure gift, estate and fiduciary tax returns are completed correctly by required deadlines and under firm processes.
- Technical research on estate planning and compliance tax matters for internal clients.
- Assess risk situations and assist in the correction as needed.
- Staying abreast of current tax legislation changes and cases.
- Implement needs from Office Inspections.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or equivalent experience working with wealth transition services required
- You have 10+ years of experience in public accounting or related field working with individual clients and corporate trust companies required. CPA, LLM or JD is required
- You have expertise in transfer tax and estate planning.
- You are an excellent communicator - your verbal and written communication skills are outstanding. This position will interact with internal and external clients at all levels of the income scale and will speak to groups on wealth transition topics.
- You have proven skills in developing business and networking.
- You may have experience with flow-through entities and private foundations.
- You are a multi-tasking master and there is never a deadline you can't meet.
- You have the ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , LinkedIn or our About Us page.
This job has expired.