Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Reporting to the Director of Network Technologies, the Network Engineer will provide support for WNET's network environment, focusing on improving security, resiliency, availability and performance of its network infrastructure. The incumbent will be responsible for network and security improvements and recommend/implement action plans. In addition, the Network Engineer's responsibilities will include:
• Configure and troubleshoot LAN/WAN infrastructure devices (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers) both on prem and in the cloud;
• Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information;
• Design, implement, and engineer system security standards, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies; Exercise Disaster Recovery procedures;
• Design computer network architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs;
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols;
• Develop technical solutions and new tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks;
• Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible, about security incidents;
• Develop creative solutions to complex technological challenges;
• Additional duties as assigned.
This position may work independently or as a part of a product team and will consult frequently with appropriate leaders and stakeholders across all WNET departments.
Qualified candidates will have:
• A minimum of 5 years supporting 100+ user environment and multi-site network architecture and supporting a 24x7 production environment;
• Expertise and understanding of routing and switching (Arista, Cisco) network architecture, systems engineering and system design;
• Expertise with VMware Infrastructure/vSphere clusters (installations, migration & consolidation storage, physical to VM) and production/Test environments;
• Experience with the implementation and testing;
• Deep understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model and networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS);
• Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools;
• Basic server administration skills: Active Directory, IIS, .Net, DHCP, DNS and scripting;
• Experience with Intel based hardware maintenance;
• Sound decision making, critical thinking and project management skills;
• Team/results oriented, flexible, proactive, self-starter able to work a cross-functional team environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates with the following are preferred:
• Experience with cloud environments (MS Azure, AWS);
• Software defined infrastructure experience;
• Strong technical experience with firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention tools. Stonesoft/Forcepoint knowledge;
• UNIX OS knowledge;
• CCNP or higher certification;
• Experience with IP telephony and SIP protocol.
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.