Mueller Co. - Albertville Plant is currently hiring for an Occupational Health Nurse/EHS Analyst for its second/third shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides initial assessment of on-the-job injuries & illnesses and refers for further evaluation as necessary.
- Provides direct care, including treatment of occupational injuries & illnesses using established medical protocols.
- Coordinate & provide for the appropriate care, treatment, and follow-up work-related health events based on knowledge of the specific work environment.
- Assess non-occupational illnesses occurring at work, determine the need for immediacy of treatment, and the need to seek care from personal health care providers.
- Perform health screenings/health assessments and completes all follow-up procedures, trending, and program evaluations.
- Assists with employee mental health issues and appropriately refers employees to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services.
- Maintain & safeguard the confidentiality of employee health information and health records.
- Conduct audits of the site to verify compliance and identify unsafe conditions.
- Work face-to-face with shop floor employees to promote and improve EHS.
- Investigate incidents that occur onsite and identify the cause and corrective actions.
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace.
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Paramedic, or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), in addition to at least one year of experience in responding to emergency medical situations.
- Knowledge of case management, workers' compensation, and government (OSHA) regulations.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA regulations: First Report of Injury, OSHA 300 log, OSHA 301.
- Current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR and AED) Program.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented.
- Three (3) or more years of nursing experience.
- Knowledge or additional education on medical services appropriate for the work setting, e.g., pulmonary function testing, and hearing conservation (CAOHC).
- Experience in an industrial setting and/or multi-shift operation.
- Experience in the OSHA Volunteer Protection Program (VPP)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.