Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job :
Effectively operate front desk position for distributorship including phones, paperwork and general accounting
- Upload and download handhelds on a weekly basis
- Process handheld data in a timely manner
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable including auditing, paying and filing vendor invoices according to IBSA policy and procedure, preparing customer invoices, purchase orders and delivery tickets accurately and timely.
- Maintain and diplomatically collect accounts receivable within budgeted targets for day's sales outstanding and percent current to 60 days past invoice date.
- Verify deposits to be timely and accurate
- Maintain dealer files
- Back-up computer on a daily basis
- Run End of Month efficiently, accurately and on a timely basis including transmission of operating results, reports and expenses to corporate office in time for month end accounting close and preparation of Distributorship's financial statements..
- Process and copy (if necessary) mail on daily basis
- Keep office stocked with supplies
- Maintain inventory count and research variations between physical count and accounting records.
- Minimum 1 year Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable experience
- Basic computer skills required, i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to collect past due accounts without loosing client relationship.
- Excellent phone skills
- Minimum 1-year accounting or bookkeeping experience including appreciation of basic audit procedures
- One-year administration experience. Preferably in wholesale distribution industry.
- Touch ten key ability
Works under general supervision. Work receives regular review by Manager.Work Environment
- Ability to sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, talk and hear, stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move 10+ lbs.
- Office environment but may be exposed to battery warehouse conditions such as exposure to moving equipment mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Prolonged use of personal computer & telephone.
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Interstate Batteries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Interstate Batteries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interstate Batteries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Interstate Batteries' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
This job has expired.