Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for an Office Manager who will join our Scotts Miracle-Gro team in Vance, AL.
If you enjoy a fast-paced, high energy and seasonal manufacturing environment then you will fit in well as an Office Manager for Scotts Miracle-Gro. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for the administration of all plant financial, safety, associate development, quality and customer service related objectives. You will direct and/or support a broad range of activities including customer service, maintenance of personnel records, payroll reporting, maintenance of data records for production and inventory, and maintenance and reconciliation of accounts payable and receivables.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Supervise work activities of the office staff. Assign and direct work, interview and recommend hiring, train employees, evaluate work performance, recommend compensation levels and disciplinary action as appropriate. Develop and encourage team rapport among office staff.
- Provide and direct secretarial support which may include typing, data entry, record filing, reporting, and answer phone calls. Provide and directs customer service functions for the growing media orders including processing orders and responds to inquiries.
- Maintain plant personnel records, workers compensation records, accident and OSHA logs, and enter data for the payroll system.
- Provide and direct the preparation of all shipping documents necessary to legally ship growing media products. File and tracks freight rates, fuel taxes, insurance certificates and maintain the Gelco account. May also perform dispatching duties such as contacting carriers to pick up and deliver Hyponex, Scotts and Miracle Gro products, contact customers to arrange delivery appointments, prepare daily shipping logs, and respond to inquiries.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all accounts payable and receivables at the plant level. Process logs and file invoices and purchase orders, maintain and reconcile accounts payable accounts, petty cash fund and customer debits and credits. Maintain and generates inventory goods receipts, physical inventory documents and reports.
- Assists other supervisors and/or Plant Manager in the overall operation of the facility; performs special projects as requested.
Other nice to haves:
- A High School Diploma
- Three to five years of office experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, including prior supervisory experience
- Experience working in the logistics field and or dispatching
- Working knowledge of all facets of customer service, purchasing, distribution, marketing and financials.
- The ability to work extensive overtime
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required. Must be able to effectively multi-task, problem solve in a fast paced environment and direct others to achieve required goals.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- An Associate's Degree in Business or Accounting would be preferred
- Knowledge in freight cost controls, dispatching, LTL carriers, accounts payable and payroll
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.