Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate “smart” solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
We are looking for an Occupational Health & Safety Staff Professional to join our team on a full-time, direct basis and contribute to our EHS (Environmental, Health, & Safety) operations while based at our Scranton office in Jessup, PA.
- Contribute to technical projects related to Occupational & Environmental Health, Safety Hazard Inspections, and Industrial Hygiene Sampling; this person may also manage these projects as well.
- Perform employee training in various topics (such as HAZWOPER, OSHA regulations, working with Asbestos & Lead, etc.) on an as-needed basis.
- Utilize appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including respirators; this person will be expected to enter / work in hazardous environments & atmospheres (in a careful and safe manner).
- Additional tasks may be assigned, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, OHS, Environmental Science, EHS, Safety Management, or a related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience working with EHS-related tasks (preferably with OHS, Industrial Hygiene, and/or Environmental Remediation).
Why Work With Us?
- Master’s degree.
- Relevant Asbestos Abatement certification (i.e.: Inspector or Supervisor).
- First Aid Trainer certification is a plus!
- Experience working in consulting is a plus!
- Leadership and/or Project Management experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, especially with a proven ability to work in an energetic and challenging work environment on a variety of projects; this person will be expected to demonstrate a self-motivated demeanor while effectively multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple assignments.
- Proven ability to work independently or in a team environment while demonstrating strong character and dependability; this person will be expected to work effectively with peers, leadership, and clients!
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.