Job Title: On-site Commercial HVAC Maintenance Technician
Department: Service Division
Reports to: Maintenance Field Supervisor
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with level of experience
General Purpose of Job:
To perform aspects of commercial maintenance for a single large campus commercial contract customer. To service HVAC equipment to all Newcomb and Company customers at equipment manufacturers standards. To perform all duties in a professional manner as a front-line representative of Newcomb and Company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service of Residential and Light Commercial Type HVAC duct systems and equipment to include the following components:
- Packaged units ground and rooftop
- Split system equipment
- Central station air handlers
- Various types of air distribution systems
- Flexible, spiral and single wall pipe duct systems
- Ceiling and wall grilles and diffusers
- Gas furnaces
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must possess a valid driver's license certificate and meet all required physical ability, efforts, and exertions to perform job duties.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification preferred.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather and temperature extremes designated by company policy.
- Report for work each morning at the scheduled time to receive daily work assignments from commercial dispatcher.
- To perform on a professional level, all scheduled maintenance and testing to equipment on the contract equipment list.
- Operate various measuring and testing equipment required to perform scheduled maintenance and related testing.
- Record and report to commercial maintenance dispatcher any possible repairs or further diagnostics needed.
- To complete legibly all required check sheets, transfers, timecards, recording of parts used, and paperwork necessary to complete a maintenance service.
- Responsible to work in a safe manner and maintain all efforts with respect to safety and protection to self, personnel, and all customer and company property.
- To remain in contact with commercial dispatch manager and Service Field Manager for information needs and or schedule changes.
- To maintain and use company vehicle per all company policies and standards. This includes appearance and maintenance to the inside and outside of the vehicle.
- To follow the directions of the Service Field Leadership.
- This listing of Primary and Secondary Duties and Responsibilities is not all-inclusive but rather an outline of job duties and responsibilities.
- To restock truck as needed to have adequate approved parts, supplies, and materials on hand.
- Participate in training classes; and to enroll in courses to upgrade technical capabilities when applicable.
- Develop good communication skills, both oral and written when applicable.
- Must have one of the following:
Physical Requirements and Job Environment: All candidates for this position should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 75 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor, our warehouse, etc. All Commercial Service Technicians typically load and unload materials for projects and move these materials into place at the job site. This may involve carrying a load in tight and difficult situations and on uneven terrain.All candidates will be required to climb and work from ladders and aerial lifts as required to accomplish their work.All candidates will be familiar with the safe operation and capable of using hammer type drills and similar tools.Environmental conditions may range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor utility plants.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
- Minimum 2 years of HVAC field experience.
- Have graduated from an accredited HVAC certification program or hold an associate degree in HVAC.