Performs a variety of distribution center activities related to one or more of the following processes: packing, shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, stock handling, storing, distribution and inventory support. Provides high quality, cost effective, and efficient service to meet current and future demands.
Job Level Specifications:
- Fulfills orders from stored inventory meeting customer requirements and inspection/testing processes. Ships orders within time commitments and completes all documentation. Communicates with lead/supervisor regarding any fulfillment issues or problems.
- Receives, unpacks, and inspects incoming materials and product, and verifies against written orders. Returns defective materials.
- Ensures documentation such as packing lists, shipping labels, and other such documents are complete, accurate and processed appropriately.
- Identifies, investigates, and participates in opportunities to improve processes and procedures, to include various key performance metrics.
- Maintains and updates systems as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the organization, job, practices and procedures, enabling a high level of contribution.
- Completes complex assignments requiring significant judgment, initiative and problem solving skills.
- Work is performed under minimal guidance and assigned in the form of desired expectations. Independent judgment is used to determine best approach and creativity is expected to achieve maximum results and handle new situations.
- Collaboration with internal or external contacts. May participate on teams for special assignments. Responds to requests from senior management, internal and/or external contacts.
- Actions may have significant impact to department as well as others. Errors may be difficult to detect and remedy and potentially result in loss of customer business, materials, money and/or time.
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of related experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- May require standing for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds
- May require forklift certification
- May be required to meet specified visual acuity standards if completing final inspections
- Requires the ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat, twist and working at heights exceeding 15 feet
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
This job has expired.