BlueCrest is a global, innovative leader in enterprise print, mail and customer communications. Our products include printers, inserters, sorters and parcel solutions-and a renewed commitment to innovative software and vote-by-mail solutions. We are proud to be an industry and market leader in the mail space.
Although our manufacturing headquarters is based in Danbury, Connecticut, we are a global company with clients and team members in over 18 countries worldwide, including an expansive field service team comprised of over eight-hundred specialized field service technicians.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Bluecrest!
An experienced Electro-Mechanical Technician who may come from various fields such as business machine repair, Printer, Inserter, Sorter service experience, Tecnau equipment and or from the automotive repair industry with strong troubleshooting and repair skills who is energetic self-motivated with a positive attitude. You are committed to championing new ideas, strategies or concepts to ensure that the business is retained and the client is satisfied
- Proactively schedule and perform preventative maintenance
- Trouble-shoot customer reported problems.
- Proactively monitor, schedule, and prioritize tasks to maximize customer satisfaction
- Plan and perform equipment upgrades and new installations
- Manage a queue of calls to ensure that customers are contacted within the established guidelines, and that incidents are closed in a quality manner within the established guidelines.
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse prospective and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
Our Bluecrest team offers a full range of inserters, sorters, software and production printers that enable the creation of high-impact, color customer communications, including bills, statements, marketing offers and compliance documents. We provide digital solutions so organizations can create the right relationships with the right customers.
- As an Onsite/Field Technician you have:
- A minimum of 1 years' experience trouble-shooting and repairing complex mechanical equipment.
- Strong experience working on electro-mechanical equipment preferred.
- Understanding of electrical and/or mechanical diagrams.
- Understanding of PC hardware, software, and/or networking.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must maintain reliable transportation to travel to and from customer locations.
- The ability to perform frequent lifting and/or moving items up to 50lbs.
Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and/or different shifts as needed with minimal notice.