Working Title: Outside Facility Monitor
The position of Outside Facility Monitor will work within the Intercollegiate Athletic Facilities and Game Operations department at Duke University. This position will be responsible for ensuring all athletic areas are maintained and orderly. The monitor will be responsible for opening and closing all facilities when needed and assigned.
The position demands the ability to communicate and consistently enforce university, departmental, and facility policies and procedures with all users and co-workers; employ strong decision-making and conflict resolution skills with customer(s) when policies and/or procedures are violated. You will be asked to conduct hourly rounds of all athletic facilities during which you will maintain the security and safety of all facilities, users, and staff through those procedures.
The day to day duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
· Unlock and Lock all field access gates/doors as it pertains to the facility schedule
· Turn on and off all lights as it pertains to the facility schedule.
· Monitor the use of each facility per the policies and guidelines provided.
· Monitor all fields by checking the status of the individuals using each facility (Student ID, Team Practice, Outside Events)
· Maintain crowd control regarding compliance with University and Athletic Facilities & Operations policies.
· Make regular rounds within the athletic facilities to ensure activities are being conducted safely and appropriately.
· Assist with access to, set-up and break-down of all athletic equipment as needed and ensure all equipment is set-up in compliance with safety standards.
· Turn on and off A/V Equipment as it pertains to the facility schedule
· Coordinate with Grounds/Athletics to determine if the grass fields are playable
· Communicate maintenance, custodial, or security issues to the appropriate departments.
· Respond to all emergencies (medical, non-threatening, fire, etc.) by initiating our emergency procedures.
· Limit play on grass field as much as possible
· Monitor weather and enforce the inclement weather policy according to Athletics
· At the end of each night dispose of the trash and re-line all trash cans as necessary
· Perform Turf Maintenance at the end of each shift
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (4:00 PM - 12:00 AM), Saturday (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM) & (3:00 PM - 11:00 PM), Sunday (7:00 AM - 3:30 PM) & (3:30 PM - 12:00 AM)
First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, BLS/EMT Training, Vehicle Training Online, Sexual Harassment Training, Crowd Management Training, and Turf Maintenance Training.
Athletics will provide Golf Cart, iPhone, and Keys. Provided equipment should be picked up at the start of shift and returned prior to departure. Access to the Facilities & Operations office will be available for any other equipment needed to complete day to day operations
Position can work a maximum of 19.9/hours per week. Payment will be $12.00/hr.
How to Apply:
Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references online at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply for Requisition Number 176450
Work requires the ability to provide recreational assistance generally equivalent to a partial high school education.
None required. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.