EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Overhead Crane Technician
Job Summary: Emcor Facilities Services has an immediate opening for an Overhead Crane Mechanic at our client site in Mt. Orab, OH. This position installs & repairs cranes, hoists, and lifts and provides mechanical support to optimize availability to ensure equipment is functioning properly when needed. Must be able to safely operate same equipment. Mechanical and Electrical skills include welding of various mechanical equipment and machinery. This is a 1st Shift position M-F 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to work in confined spaces and at heights
- Ability to operate various mobile equipment such as, forklift, scissor lifts, man lifts, cranes, etc.
- Repairs and lubricates cranes and hoists.
- Troubleshoot variable frequency drive and remote control systems
- Troubleshoot and repair AC/DC controls
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Millwright experience relative to bearing replacements and motor alignments
- When not performing crane pm's and repairs will assist in maintaining the facility equipment with the other technicians, lift magnets, dock equipment, overhead doors, mist collectors, etc,
- Proficient with welding equipment using various processes including oxygen/acetylene torch and weld at all angles and thickness of steel.
- Willing to cross-train in operational positions.
- Able to layout work and fabricate for minor repairs of equipment.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
- Three (3) to Six (6) years of relative experience.
- Experience working with CMMS System.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Must have or be willing to obtain forklift & aerial certification.
- Must be able to receive all applicable safety training and certification.
- Welding certificate or license highly preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements previously listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.