Title: Package Mechanic
Location: Quincy, WA
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for performing maintenance functions throughout the plant as assigned or directed by supervisory personnel while working under limited supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
Basic & Preferred QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS
- Perform regular assigned checks.
- Keep logs up to date.
- Proper start-up and shut-down of plant equipment.
- Equipment repair, overhaul and trouble shooting.
- Gives direction and training to lower bracketed mechanics as needed.
- Actively practices and abides by all Company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- May be required to work any shift, any and all days of the week, or overtime in accordance with production and maintenance schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the qualifications of the Mechanic III and Maintenance Trainee. To successfully perform this job, an individual must:
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Set-up and weld mild steel in horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions with ARC welder.
- Properly use all basic hand tools, power hand tools, and shop tools (not to include machine tools).
- Set-up, weld, and cut with oxy-acetylene.
- Basic plumbing runs and repairs.
- Basic mechanical nomenclature.
- Basic sheet metal layout and fabrication.
- Have the ability and willingness to follow instructions.
- Be knowledgeable of proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being done.
- The proper use of Lockouts, safety procedures, and constant awareness of safety.
- Has completed a forklift training program.
- Basic working electrical knowledge - single and three phase.
- Basic knowledge of plant operations and mechanical equipment.
- Be able to weld, chip, grind and use all power tools safely at different heights on scaffolds, ladders and safety pallets or cages.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee:
- Must be able to lift, push and pull heavy items.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds six feet above the ground.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
- Will work in all areas of the plant, both inside and outside during any and all weather conditions.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts, around electrical equipment and open circuits.
- May work on wet, icy, greasy floors.
- Is frequently exposed to extreme cold surroundings.
- Is exposed to humid conditions as well as hot and cold environments.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
- Will regularly work in a work environment in which the noise level is usually high.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-232497
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate's work location, job duties, experience and expertise. A reasonable hourly estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $27.04Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law