Zoetis, the global leader in animal health, is looking for an engaged and driven individual to join our packaging team. Zoetis has been leading animal health since its inception in 2012 and we pride ourselves on providing all manner of quality solutions for our customer's animal health needs.
A Packaging Specialist performs general pharmaceutical production related tasks and responsibilities in a lean manufacturing environment. This includes inspection and packaging of products, as well as material handling and setup of packaging lines with "right first time" accuracy and efficiency. This is a position that requires high attention to detail with regard to ensuring a quality product is provided to our customers and ensuring production related documents are complete and correct. A Packaging Specialist requires the use of Microsoft applications and good organizational skills in order to maintain an orderly work environment. All activities are conducted within a safety-minded culture that strives for continuous improvement.
If you have an engaged work ethic and enjoy the challenge of maximizing quality and efficiency as part of a high performance team, this may be a great opportunity for you!
Required skills, education, and experience:
- Ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with applicable batch records, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safety guidelines, as well as applicable regulatory standards, such as current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and make minor repairs on packaging equipment
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust processes or equipment to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tasks completed
- Provide leadership to line operators as well as effectively communicate with support personnel and leadership
- Work together as a team to maintain production schedule and objectives
Preferred candidate qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Basic math, English communication skills, legible penmanship, and reading comprehension
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Basic use of Microsoft applications and general computer skills
- Effective interpersonal communication and a positive outlook
- Mechanical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- Strong mechanical skills along with experience in the use of various hand tools
Physical and Time requirements:
- Knowledge of cGMP's and production practices
- Experience in a Lean Production and/or manufacturing environment
- Reliable transportation and good attendance/time management skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement work environment; 5S, visual schedule, PDCA, M1, etc.
- Ability to train on area SOP's/OJT's- equipment, process, paperwork
- Experience in working with Tech Writer, creating and maintaining training documentation
- Routine lifting of 20-50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and standing
- Ability to work overtime is required, including up to every other weekend based on business needs
- Manual dexterity and ability to keep up with pace of production standards
Work Environment: Colleague could be exposed to airborne particles, including cephalosporin. Must work near moving mechanical parts. Eye protection and other personal protective equipment are required.
SHIFT TIMES: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.