AutoNation Collision Center North Canton
At AutoNation, getting customers back on the road is what drives us. We’re looking for a Paint Technician to join our team. As a Paint Technician, you’ll paint various vehicle body parts in accordance with quality standards. Your patience and high-quality craftsmanship make you a valuable asset to the team as you ensure work surfaces are properly prepared, and your keen eye for detail helps you deliver top-notch work to delight our customers.
What are the daily job responsibilities?
- Assessing and analyzing damaged areas and preparing them for painting, including removing rust and grease, and masking parts that are not to be painted or coated.
- Preparing the color tint to match or blend paint color.
- Painting vehicles with a high level of efficiency and quality, using a sprayer or brush as appropriate.
- Adheres to factory and dealership procedures when performing warranty work.
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and productive manner, following AutoNation’s Safety Standards for the use of personal protective equipment (e.g., respirator, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
- Inspecting quality of craftsmanship, noting any runs, sags or unpainted areas.
- Mixing all paint and chemicals according to manufacturer directions/specifications.
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality repairs.
What are the requirements for the Paint Technician?
- ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- OEM certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- At least two years’ automotive experience.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver’s license with an acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Paint Technician role. Future opportunities may include:
- Collision Production Manager
- Collision Estimator
- Paint Team Lead
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of internal and external candidates.
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.